• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

MasterBates

We were told if you did not have anything to do, haul ass because we ARE mando-evacin at 0800 tomorrow from NAS Kingsville.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know if multiple people can go in on a room using their per diem? As in, myself and 2 friends, get a room for 112x3 (336)? Or is it limited to 1 room/person? Given the lack of rooms this might be useful info.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can share rooms, but you will each need a receipt with YOUR name on it and the amount that YOU paid. Hotels don't like to do this, but they will break up the bill. Just the credit card receipt isn't enough though, you need the one from the hotel that shows rate, days, etc. Questions? Find the COD guy and ask. Don't ask the P-3 guys, they never have to share rooms.

MasterBates

YGTBSM.. CO said EVAC now if you can, just won't get $$ for tonights lodging.

If I have to eat $200+ worth of Diesel, and $140 for a campground for 4 days I'm gonna be pissed.

stickygdm

pilot
OK folks here's what I know as the latest. The decision for mandatory evac (NASK) will not occur until tomorrow morning, earliest. As far as the certainty of a mandatory evac and thus funded HURREVAC orders, it IS NOT a foregone conclusion. Tonight if you are already out there then you're definitely on your own dime because there has not been a HURREVAC order. We will await the decision, expected around 0800CDT tomorrow morning. I will forward information through our CoC via the phone muster. Golden Eagles will still sit tight at home (or whereever you are right now...hopefully still in this time zone...continent!) until they hear otherwise. For me and my family, we may still execute our evac plan regardless of Mand or vol, but I'm not going to rush the herd out the door tonight or early tomorrow morning. r/ Sticky

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, they're really staking a lot on the jog to the right that NHC's predicting for just before landfall. If the turn north happens even a little later than predicted, CC's going to be underwater.

stickygdm

pilot
All right folks, I'm in a elevated XOPO COR! That is XO Pissed Off Condition of Readiness. Let us all learn from one of our fellow AW.com users error. DO NOT INCLUDE MY WIFE'S PERSONAL INFORMATION TO INCLUDE HER NAME AND HER EMAIL ON A POST (fortunately the post has been removed). Further, let us not post emails that are sent from one person to another (including groups) from personal email channels on this public site without the permission of the originator of the email.

Damnit folks she's a lawyer and has over 130,000 hours in the Navy Wife cockpit! She will destroy any target should she deem it necessary. Luckily I'm walking away with just a limp on this one. r/ Sticky

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
FYI, we (helo bubbas) are taking the call and headed southwest on Friday in prep for whatever Ike does. It's weird talking about the "Ike det" when there's no carrier.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
just pretend my third story roof, which will be at the waterline, is a deck you can land on.

it will probably be floating somewhere in the laguna madre anyways.