• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hunting & Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Here's a Bull Red I caught last night.

227711.jpg

227690.jpg

I'll post the shark pics later, gotta go back to the beach...man I love flight school......

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Here's the shark a bud caught the same night I caught the Red. We had to get all our lines out of the water because that Shark had my bud running up and down the beach...it was great.

227989.jpg

227990.jpg

227997.jpg

And here's a crazy octopus I caught that night, I've never heard of anyone catching one of these surf fishing.

227995.jpg

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
More Bull Reds

Here's a better picture of the first Bull Red I caught:

243267.jpg

Here's a monster I caught last week: (notice the bitter beer face)

243268.jpg

243271.jpg

243273.jpg

The haze in the pictures is my Dad smoking while taking the pictures.

For those of you who want a good fight, and this applies to Corpus also, get you a rod, doesn't matter what size, and some decent line (I use 50 lb guerillla line) and a circle hook. Head out to the beach or pier at night and bait your hook with squid and/or cut up mullet. Throw it out as far as you can, no need to wade out there. We try to get set up before dark and usually stay until midnight. If you fish from the beach, make sure to either hold your rod, or use a rod holder. One of the first times I went out me and a bud just stuck our rod handles in the sand thinking we'd just stand by them "just in case". Well, I turned my back for a split second watching my bud fight a fish and when I turned back around one of my rods was gone, nothing but a drag mark leading to the water. Then the same night, the same thing happened to my bud, except we saw it and he ran and dove into the water (keep in mind it's dark and cold) and stuck his arm out and barely grabbed the handle. All he pulled in was a straightend out swivel. Bob Hall Pier in Corpus is a good place, here in the Whiting area we always to out to Navarre beach and set up to the left of the pier. Pensacola pier is a good place too, just a long drive and they charge 6 bucks to get on there.

Anyone have any info on Lejeune area saltwater fishing?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice pics :). I look forward to some fun times out there soon!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Just caught another one tonight, he weighed in at 29 lbs 39". He fought more than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.