• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HS to Whidbey?

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Hey I heard a rumor yesturday that a west coast HS squadron is movign to Whidbey Island in the near future. Is there any truth to this?
Joe

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey I heard a rumor yesturday that a west coast HS squadron is movign to Whidbey Island in the near future. Is there any truth to this?
Joe

I have no official knowledges of such a thing, but it strikes me as highly unlikely.

Brett

hscs

pilot
Very unlikely - you may have misheard someone talking about not moving the east coast squadrons up to Norfolk as they transition to the -60S.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Joe
Only if they are allowed to do rolling landings to knock the arresting gear out of alignment....:icon_smil

MasterBates

The HSL-42 Mafia is currently fairly well entrenched there. With more on the way, we have guys that are/were competitve for CO trying to go here.

Good deal shore tour. Not very career enhancing in Big Navy's eyes..

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Yeah on our selection sheet every option says airframe and city IE MH-60S San Diego but for the 60F/H it said west not san diego. Someone asked an HT-8 IP or stucon guy (im not sure which) and they said it was because they were thinking about moving one to whidbey. Sounded far fetched to me but woud be sweet if it was true.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Or because HS-West also includes the possibility of going to HS-14 in Japan. Since the helo master plan seems intent on cutting airframes and consildating bases, I highly doubt that an HS squadron is moving north. But I've been wrong before...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Maybe someone confused it with the existing and highly sought after Whidbey SAR Det.
Highly sought after?
n10714200_31162909_1236.jpg

n10714200_31162884_3528.jpg

n10714200_31162894_7821.jpg

I wonder why...?

Not my pics, a buddy of mine...

MasterBates

Cool location. For guys that hunt & fish, it is awesome.

Some of the best flying you can get CONUS in helos.

Plus, the most important part. THEY ARE FLYING ORDERS!

Oh yeah, the beer is good too.

MasterBates

Well, being a 60S, it has to be a glass cockpit.

Unlike some fixed wing communities, with massive block differences, the 60s are fairly homogenous within their series.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
The reason that the selection choices say HS west instead of a specific squadron is because when you go West, you can either stay in San Diego, or be sent to Japan. Sometimes that choice is up to you, and sometimes you get voluntold. Although I have heard they are letting people select HS-14 out of HT's now.