• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How's The Weather ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Snow is pure evil. It's pure, made by Satan himself, evil.
No, that would be being stuck in a hick town in lower Alabama where the seasons never change. I can't believe I haven't seen leaves fall in 2 years . . . :eek:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
nittany03 said:
No, that would be being stuck in a hick town in lower Alabama where the seasons never change. I can't believe I haven't seen leaves fall in 2 years . . . :eek:

That's why God created cross countries...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nittany03 said:
And specifically Key West . . . :icon_smil

KEY%20WEST%20SUNSET.jpg
Sloppy.jpg

key-west-cruises-curry-mansion.jpg
spoint.jpg
OOOoooohhh, my God .... now you've gone and done it. Key West . One of the three (3) places in the whole wide world that I would definitely like to live -- forever.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bonus points for anyone who can explain the "Conch Republic" emblem on the Southernmost Point marker . . . :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
nittany03 said:
Bonus points for anyone who can explain the "Conch Republic" emblem on the Southernmost Point marker . . . :)

Come on man, that's easy. The Conch Republic is what the Florida Keys, notably Key West, wanted to become. They were a breakaway group, wanted to secede from the union. The National Guard put them down. It was fairly recent (can't remember the year, but I think within the past 50). There are still people there that believe they should still secede.

pittflyer

This is why I can't get into Grad School
pilot
Isn't it something about some tree-hugging, bunny-lovers that wanted to seperate from Florida and make their own republic?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
OOOoooohhh, my God .... now you've gone and done it. Key West . One of the three (3) places in the whole wide world that I would definitely like to live -- forever.

Key West is awesome. One of my favorite vacation spots. The other keys are really where the beauty is though. Bahia Honda has some gorgeous sunset picture opportunities.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
nittany03 said:

Ohhh ... much too easy. About 20 years ago, because of roadblocks set up along Highway 1 from the Keys to the mainland -- to catch drugs, Cubans, and cigars :icon_rast -- some local Key West officials (native Key Westers = "CONCH's") took umbrage at the insult from the Feds and said:

"That's IT"!!! --- We are forming our own "Republic" since we are being treated like a foreign country ... or something like that.

Conch chowder is pretty good, also ... try it.
Chowder%20300.jpg

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
METAR for Las Vegas

Not a bad day at all, great flying weather..

KLAS 021756Z 05004KT 10SM FEW060 BKN200 15/04 A3001 RMK AO2 SLP153 T01500039 10150 20078 50002

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's hot and humid in Singapore when the rain is not pouring. Beautiful over the ship apparently; wouldn't really know, I haven't been there in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.