• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How you spend your money, time?

4ageminor

I'm surprised that most BDCPers arent using they're paycheck to pay off school. I know as soon as i make it into NUPOC (knock on wood) my 15k bonus plus my E-6 pay will be going straight to pay my 60k worth of loans off.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
School is already paid for by combination of florida prepaid and grants from the guvahment.

Oh and I just bought a set of leather seats for my Jeep.

Lobster

I'm surprised that most BDCPers arent using they're paycheck to pay off school. I know as soon as i make it into NUPOC (knock on wood) my 15k bonus plus my E-6 pay will be going straight to pay my 60k worth of loans off.

Don't worry I am, one of the many benefits of a private school education...the price :icon_craz...

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I would have thought me getting a full-ride NROTC scholarship was the best deal out there, but this BDCP thing might have it beat. They really need to increase the $400 a month stipend for 1/C mids, freaking 4/C only make like $250. I know the AF cadets had their stipends adjusted for inflation. But ah whatever, I'm commissioned now.

**Edit

BDCP doesn't pay for tuition does it?

exhelodrvr

pilot
Hey guys,

The forum is getting a little slow lately, so I figured I'd bring up a topic that future-BDCPers, and myself, a recent BDCPer, would like to talk about.

How do you guys spend your money--cars, booze, women, travel, all of the above...

I don't know what I want to do with my money, and how/where to invest what is left over.

Feel free to stray from the topic, just wanted to get people more involved, and hopefully keep the new guys coming back..

Three kids in college, and a house.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Start investing a fixed amount on a regular basis. Investing early, especially now when stuff is cheap and you can afford a long wait, will payoff big time in the future.

Lobster

Start investing a fixed amount on a regular basis. Investing early, especially now when stuff is cheap and you can afford a long wait, will payoff big time in the future.

Set up the TSP last month, planning to set up a Roth IRA this summer.