• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How to "reinstate" an officer commission

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
They brought me back with the wrong time in service ... they credited my USNA time as prior enlisted service, and added that to my 8 years AD for 12 years service ... which is great and all, but wrong. Manpower was able to fix that. My ARPR/ASOSH also still doesn’t reflect my AD time. Have sent stuff in to BUPERS to correct, am told it takes 6 months to make corrections. Oh well.
ARPR/ASOSH takes freaking forever to update... How long has it been?

ARPR/ASOSH takes freaking forever to update... How long has it been?

About 3 months so far, no change. You don't even know if they received it or not since no acknowledgment is sent.

Of course, the continuing BOL outage from non-NMCI machines means that I can't even check it until drill weekend.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
About 3 months so far, no change. You don't even know if they received it or not since no acknowledgment is sent.

Of course, the continuing BOL outage from non-NMCI machines means that I can't even check it until drill weekend.
Ah, I was wondering why I could not access BOL at home. I was having the same issues with NSIPS then was able to use Chrome to access NSIPS.

3 months? Wait longer. Have you tried calling PERS?

https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/reservepersonnelmgmt/Pages/default.aspx

AMGunner

If it helps I had to get mine updated last year, it took ~6 months for it to show up. I called each month to make sure I was still in the queue. They stated they only had a handful of staff that made corrections. I was fine with that as long as it got done

If it helps I had to get mine updated last year, it took ~6 months for it to show up. I called each month to make sure I was still in the queue. They stated they only had a handful of staff that made corrections. I was fine with that as long as it got done
Who did you call / number?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
They stated they only had a handful of staff that made corrections. I was fine with that as long as it got done
If it's anything like DFAS and Reserve SGLI, PERS probably has a single GS employee who does this for the entire Reserve.

Yes, there was a single -- 30+ year employee -- person at DFAS who handled SGLI for the Reserve. The lady sadly passed away and with her went all intellectual property and knowledge on how to process SGLI, as well as payments from pay.gov etc. Yours truly had to crack the nut. Now, there is another single -- 30+ year employee -- person handling it. This was in 2018. Some of you probably noticed a severe lag...

chrispaul

NFO
None
No, I'm still outside the zone. And you're right, given the small number, I may be 2 years away from my first look.