• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many people per class fail to graduate OCS?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Seriously, there has to be a point where the Navy says, "This person just doesn't have what it takes".

Sabre170

None
My class had two DORs. One was an "individual" (no team work, not helping his roommates, etc...) - OCS was miserable for him. The other DORed three days before graduation.

zornundo

Do candidates ever encourage their fellow candidates to drop? Seems to me, if there was some sh*tbag class member beyond help, and the Navy was gonna do its best to keep said sh*tbag, then he/she will be Ensign sh*tbag?

NavyLonghorn

Ive seen 4 people stay up all night long to help a kid that couldnt hack RLP. It was always about trying to help people, and teamwork. It defenitly wasnt the kind of atmosphere where anyone would tell someone else to quit. I'm sure that varries class to class.

dnweinreb

Super DUPER Hornets!
None
Teamwork is the most important part of OCS and in general it's what makes our military so fierce. Any candidate that tried to get another candidate to DOR is a bigger dirtbag than the dirtbag. The staff is there to decide who if anyone shouldn't be there; it isn't the candidate's job. A candidate should always try to help another candidate. If you fell over a cliff you could expect me to never let go of your hand no matter how heavy you were.

Wiz

Just to reiterate, it's pretty hard to attrite from OCS. You have to be a real sh!tbag. There's a girl here at CECOS who took a year...let me repeat that, AN F'ING YEAR to finish OCS. If you want to finish, you will, whether it's in 12weeks or not, may be the question, but hey, a commission is a commission.
wait, i can't believe someone can be held to H class for that long

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I think you're guaranteed retirement if you can pull off this feat. Might not have a lot of cool stories, but at least you can shop at the commissary for life.
TYFYS!!