• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How many people per class fail to graduate OCS?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I imagine at this point in his Navy OCS career that he's wearing some kind of 5-star equivalent candidate uniform. He's at P'Cola routinely dressing down Marine 2ndLts (unfamiliar with Navy candidate ranks), that don't render the proper greeting of the day and a crisp hand salute. He's also moved on from the salad days of Kids and Squids/Marines and Teens nights in the Seville Quarter. He now regales middle-aged divorcees with stories about the insidious nature of shin splints, at Applebee's...

Last edited:

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I imagine at this point in his Navy OCS career that he's wearing some kind of 5-star equivalent candidate uniform. He's at P'Cola routinely dressing down Marine 2ndLts (unfamiliar with Navy candidate ranks), that don't render the proper greeting of the day and a crisp hand salute. He's also moved on from the salad days of Kids and Squids/Marines and Teens nights in the Seville Quarter. He now regales middle-aged divorcees with stories about the insidious nature of shin splints at Applebee's...

You joke, but we had a LT (at least to us FRS FNGs) at the FRS who would routinely call himself the Head SDO or something and try to take on this sort of stern mentorship role. I don't know his full story, but day one you meet him and you think he's an instructor and walks around so salty and talks down to you. Day two, you find out from other students he's actually on some super long medical hold and is technically a student that's just been there forever. He finally classed up and quickly attrited from what I recall, at which point he lost whatever shred of credibility he had anyway. Guy literally just stood a 12 hour SDO every other day and genuinely thought of himself as this high and mighty LT who needs to mentor the ENSs and LTJGs on how to be a good pilot/officer, etc. You know, the guy that after an AOM or All Students Meeting would tell the studs to stay back for some "extra words to pass" and he'd talk down to us for 10-15 minutes until someone would finally make fun of him, the guy who couldn't believe you messed something trivial up on your first watch, the guy who the instructors would be like "Bro, you're not the Head SDO, stop calling yourself that," guy. What a piece of work that guy was.