• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyb

that's good news ghost and beth. I hope I do get supply. Then I'll just update my PRT and request NFO. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I hear something from the supply board soon.

tali264

Ryan,
the way my recruiter discussed things with me he made it sound like you can apply to switch between any designator (but I don't really know). It happened because there were conflicting reports on my eye sight. So I had the records from my eye doctor copied and sent to my recruiter. He had me sign a form and I think I also typed a quick paragraph saying why I wanted to switch. Painless. But yes, my recruiter did everything for me.

ryan77

Beth,

It sounds like you had a recruiter who really went to bat for you. I hear this switch occurs often enough to not be considered rare, but it's still relatively difficult to get - SNA slots aren't exactly handed out like door prizes! Congratulations!

tali264

Ryan,
Thanks. It also happened a while ago so it might be harder now. It seems like you guys need higher scores to get in now. My recruiter was awesome. He took his job seriously and made sure things were done correctly and efficiently. I have a lot to thank him for.

sonnyb

Got one more question for you guys--Does the good-medium prt requirement apply to other slots as well, such as supply? If it does, then i'm screwed :p
thanks ghost and others for the encouragement..no one said this would be easy.

ryan77

sonnyb,

If your recruiter said the board turned you down for SNFO because of your PFT scores, I would take that at face value and work to get them up. But to be honest, our PFT scores are very similiar (I looked at your stats). Plus your GPA and recommendations blow mine away - my BS was in Computer Science. Maybe there were no more slots available(?) and you should reapply in October. I guess I just can't believe they'd reject you for PFT scores if they took me....we've got the same darn scores. BTW, I've improved greatly since that PFT as I'm sure you have.

Goliath112

hey sonnyB I think you should redo the prt if you don't get another designator. Then apply again for NFO in a couple of months. One thing I have gotten out of this process is that there are no easy to get jobs in the Navy. AMDO, Supply, SWO are heavily competitive too. AMDO had 23 slots for the entire navy. I mean there are probably at least 40 qualified sailors with degrees on one carrier. Supply has 137 slots this year. I don't think that the prt was the thing that cut you down though sonny. There probably was just too many applicants. Anyway with a accounting degree and your GPA you have a definite shot at Supply.

man the wait is killing me

sonnyb

Yeah, I think that Millington has been inundated with applications lately, so everything is really competitive right now.Who knows, maybe if I would have submitted 8 months ago, I could have gotten in easier. I don't know though. Perhaps you're right Goliath, maybe it wasn't just my PRT scores. Maybe there was some other contributing factor.Anyway, I still remain confident that I can get a supply slot. Hopefully I"ll hear either way next week. You think the supply board will convene next week

grouch

For me, I got the nod in about three weeks. I swore in mid may. Best of luck to you cats that are waiting.

sonnyb

aoconner,
My recruiter notified me this afternoon. How he got the informaton I haven't a clue. Maybe the fact you haven't heard anything yet is a good sign. Best of luck to you.

Goliath112

hey sonny, all the recruiters get a printout of thier guys package status in the morning. They know when certain communities pass you up. They also call Ed Phillips the OCS applications guy and get info from him. Unfortunately Ed can't answer questions if you are not on active duty.

man the wait is killing me

sonnyb

goliath--that makes sense. the recruiter told me that he had a 'contact' up in Millington. Maybe this 'contact' provided him with the info. regardless, I hope we hear something this week from the supply board. I couldn't possibly go through another weekend without knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.