• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyb

For those who've already been accepted for NFO. How long did it take for you to hear word that you had been accepted. Does it take around 2 to 4 weeks? I know cuculeis receieved news in only 4 days. My package has been in for about 1 1/2 weeks. Getting anxious here.

Goliath112

Cuculeis is an active duty sailor. There apps take alot less time. I have been waiting for a month and a day now. I have no idea when they'll call me. Expect it to take a little longer. You have a good app but, they have many applications to review there at Millington. I called Millington this morning about my app. but, the guy said that he can't talk to me about my apllication because I'm not active duty and have a recruiter. I did ask him some general questions about reveiw times and he said that it varies alot. Also, he told me that SWO was closed to all OCS applicants, but open to some BDCP applicants. That is a let down for me. I have yet to hear from the AMDO guys. They called me the one time but, I haven't heard squat since last Friday.

man the wait is killing me

sonnyb

by any chance,did the guy in Millington mention if they had been inundated with packages lately? I submitted a few weeks ago in hopes of getting it in before Oct 1. also, on the SWO board, someone mentioned that there are SWO slots open for OCS applicants.

Goliath112

no he said that they have a big office and that its always pretty busy. He was pretty adamant about SWO being closed to OCS intial accessions. About SWO, being 62 percent full... I think that they are never full because they have to give slots to ROTC and Academy guys. I hope that I'm wrong though. I do think that they might second guess gving SWO to OCS intial accession folks. SWO is a freaking hard as hell life. I mean most people here consider it as a last choice or an (i guess i'll take it...kinda thing). SWO is a awesome job though but, most people don't like being out at sea for the first 4 years. If you didn't get picked for NFO I think you have a solid shot at Supply. I hope you hear soon.

ryan77

My application was in Millington for months before I got SNFO. The wait depends on so many factors that it's not worth reading too much into it. Board schedule, FY timing, available slots, active-duty status, quality of other candidates, the order of your choices, medical reviews, etc....

Goliath112

I just got shot down from AMDO. My package went to the Supply board on wednesday. I don't think i'll get supply though. I have an aeronauctics degrees. Supply and SWO are my two other choices. I want SWO more but, was told that its futile to apply for it.

cuculeis

for the most part, you are correct goliath. active sailors take less time...however, i have a couple of buddies, who are active sailors and have been waiting for over 5 weeks. on of them found out on his 6th week that he got denied. not bad scores on his astb either. i know it was over 50 on the oar. he was shooting for AMDO...but like i said the most important factor is to have your package complete and correct the first time...attention to detail is paramount.

cuculeis

sorry to hear about it goliath. its a very hard community to get into. and as for SWO, being on 4 tin cans, screw SWO. i seen that life and how they get treated. its not even an option for me. supply on the other hand, those guys have it made...

sonnyb

well everyone, just heard word a few minutes ago that I didn't get NFO. My PRT needs to be in the good-medium( I think that's what the recruiter said) So now the package is off to the supply board. Sorry to hear the bad news goliath. you've got solid scores...I think you have a shot at supply.

ghost_ttu

sonny you could just take a couple weeks to get your prt fixed and then reapply for your NFO slot. I could be wrong, but even if you get the Supply slot, I think you can update your PRT and request the NFO slot and it could possibly be given prior to OCS shipping. I know they work stuff like that for NFO to SNA sometimes. But I'm not clear, I'm guessing on that.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

Goliath112

I'll just keep applying. I think the Supply board convened on Wed. Man if they don't give you supply then they're dumb. I mean a 3.8 in accounting! thats fucking hard to get. The best of luck to you sonny. They have 137 slots for Supply this year. they have/had 23 for AMDO. I guess AMDO is as hard to get as Intel. Supply is a cool job to though man. You'll be able to get SWO qualifed if you go to a ship. The pin looks a little different but, its still cool. Also you can get Airwarfare qual'd if you go to a squadron. good luck though.

tali264

Originally posted by ghost_ttu:
"I know they work stuff like that for NFO to SNA sometimes. But I'm not clear, I'm guessing on that."

They did it for me. I was originally NFO and my recruiter just had me sign a change of designator request form to go to SNA. It was a quick turn-around, I heard back in 3 days.

Beth

ryan77

cuculeis, I'm going in Sep03. Sorry about all the bad news in this thread. You guys should keep trying for sure.

ryan77

Originally posted by tali264
They did it for me. I was originally NFO and my recruiter just had me sign a change of designator request form to go to SNA. It was a quick turn-around, I heard back in 3 days.
That's very cool Beth. How was this request form offered to you? Did your recruiter make it happen?

I know of a guy who rejected his SNFO offer and they called back 2 hours later and offered SNA. Just shows the board's decisions are never final.

Status
Not open for further replies.