• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long until final selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Just a quick question. After being pro-rec'd, how long does it seem to take from sending in remaining paperwork to getting a final selections notice? Also, does your OCS date come with this notice or do you get that later? After the wait for pro-rec, I'd just like to know how much longer I have to wait now.
Thanks

bisouss69

I spokw with ED the civilian who receives the packages and he said it will take at least 2-4 months to hear a final response. I dont know how long it takes after being professionally recommended but I probably think they have to wait until a security clearance was performed to see if you can even get a clearance.. clearances are backlogged.. but to wait for an interm doesnt take long.

RobNLa

Going on three weeks now, and I was told to expect a wait of at least one month. Please let me know if/when you guys hear something, and also if you received an OCS date when you swore in. Thanks.

Rob

Meridiani

I waited five weeks from pro rec to selection. You will get your OCS date at the same time you're selected. Gnorman911, five months sounds way out of line to me...perhaps you should call NRC and make certain that they didn't lose your paperwork.

bisouss69

Who lost your paperwork? Milington or your recruiter. I never heard back from the first package I put in. I was in bootcamp at the same time.. never found out what happend. I jsut know I had people in Millington trying to call me but I was in good old great mistakes. Find out what is going on.. dont listen to the recruiter bull.. they are jsut trying to save their asses. Recruiters are useless... remeber that.

agunter

Does the same timeline apply to BDCP applicants? I would think that applications wouldn't be backlogged for later fiscal years.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
I don't know about that, bisouss. My recruiter has been awesome, even dealing with my "special" circumstances. I have heard a lot of bad things about recruiters on this forum, I suppose I was just fortunate to get the one I did.

RobNLa

Bisouss - I have to disagree with you. I am sure there are some recruiters out there that are not worth the space they take up; however, my recruiter was awesome. He was incredibly helpful. He helped me with several issues. Do not stereotype all the hard working recruiters out there just because you have had some bad experiences.

Rob

bisouss69

I dont know.. maybe I did get a bad one but I have heard some really messed up stories since I been in. My first recruiter all he did was hit on me. I was a little freaked out so I went and talked to another service. He wanted to get me intp bootcamp that week and didnt want me to go officer. I went overseas and worked and came back 7 months later and the same guy was there. I talked the other recruiter there but she didnt know her head from her butt. All my paper work was all jacked up. I then went to MEPS to talk to the officers there.. I had a senior chief which was retiring so he obviously didnt care anymore.. and he was incharge of my package. With these people respresenting the navy... I should of known better.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Hmmm, I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time. Since I lived 2 1/2 hours away from the nearest officer recruiter, I spoke with him on the phone first. He was extrememly helpful and both asked a lot of questions and answered all of mine. Within a week I had taken the ASTB and was given all the info I needed to apply. He has always been available to help in any way and has worked hard to work with my rather uncommon situation of being active duty AF and PCSing during my application process. I'm very thankful to have had such a good recruiter.
As for your situation... did you ever make a complaint? Those people do have bosses too. If nothing else, did you think about checking with recruiters in a different city? Just some ideas. Either way, too late now. By your presence here, I'm assuming that things are going much better for you now anyway, so I hope things keep looking up for you.

bisouss69

Thanks Spsiratt, yes things are going better.. my package did get submitted and now I am waiting. Though I had a rough time with my package as well.. since people who needed to sign prt stuff off.. lost the paper work and my command lost all the prt scores from fy00-02. I had problems with the physical where I would bring the OCS instruction for what tests were needed to be done and then medical flat out tells me.. "oh you dont need that". I pretty much went aroud their back and scheduled all the tests myself and then complained to the OIC at medical for which he then signed off my physical. As for my evals.. the CO ended up speak to my old OIC and chief.. which none of them would take the responsiblity of why my scores (or the write up)were the way they were and "passing the buck" onto other people.. pretty much making them look like idiots in the process(and the unit as well). The evals didnt add up.. the CO talked to my old OIC and a few other officers and they all said I was a great sailor and I knew my stuff and I should be an officer. The CO wanted to know why this wasnt in my evals. Also, my LT or Senior Chief lost my most current eval which needed to be signed and given to the CO. The CO wasn't going to approve my application becasue he told my LT that he wanted it personnaly delivered by himself by a certain date and my LT didnt do that and ignored him. The only thing really that went right was my officer interview boards and the CO interview... which were all 10's. My package was the only one approved this year at my command and I am only an E4. There is a lot of weight on it.. many eyes to see if I get picked up or not. At the end.. and XO and CO were putting a lot of pressure on the CCC to get things done correctly and to get it sent out. I am just hoping that I get picked up.. I had to go through so much grap to get it sent out the second time.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Ok, I understand why you seem a little bitter about all that stuff now. Who wouldn't be? I'm glad everything finally got done for you and I wish you the best of luck. What are you applying for?

Status
Not open for further replies.