• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does it take for COMMDOCS to come in

number9

Contributor
I initially called Personnel and spoke to pretty much every PS in the office. Eventually I was given the DCO sponsor with the NRC but they really weren't any help as they had no status of my onboarding. I was told that the new system of processing accessions goes into a PERS black hole and then just updates. My unit actually notified me that I was on their muster sheet before the NRC did. If you have a CAC, you can keep checking BOL/PERS Tempo to see if your status changes. Also if you have a CAC, check Milconnect/DEERS. As soon as that updates you can get your ID.
Thank you! I got the name & number of a PS1 today so I'll put in a call on Monday and see what's up. No DEERS or CAC for me yet so I can't see or do anything - I can't even order uniforms!

AU_Aviation

Curious if we are still seeing timeline of 30-45 days on COMMDOCS, or if it varies by community? I was selected last week, so now the new waiting process begins. Do you all think I might be looking at a date in June?

dvczajk1

I was selected in March, commissioned in December but others selected with me have already been through ODS. It doesn't end with commissioning. I had to track my onboarding package from the recruiter/processor to the NOSC and call weekly asking for status. Even after all of that I wasn't notified of any progress until my unit CO sent me an email last week letting me know I was on the muster sheet and should plan to drill next month.
I was also selected in March and didn’t commission until December. At present, I am still waiting to be gained by my unit. Has anyone else witnessed an onboarding process of this length? My fear at this point is that, by the time I am gained, every ODS class within a year of my commissioning date will be full. I appreciate any suggestions.

jrh0425

I was also selected in March and didn’t commission until December. At present, I am still waiting to be gained by my unit. Has anyone else witnessed an onboarding process of this length? My fear at this point is that, by the time I am gained, every ODS class within a year of my commissioning date will be full. I appreciate any suggestions.
Have you reached out to your NRC?

dvczajk1

Have you reached out to your NRC?
My NRC indicated last week that my RRA had to be re-routed, which is the latest cause for delay. Hopefully that means things are moving again, but if experience has taught me anything, it’s that there’s more waiting ahead.

number9

Contributor
My NRC indicated last week that my RRA had to be re-routed, which is the latest cause for delay. Hopefully that means things are moving again, but if experience has taught me anything, it’s that there’s more waiting ahead.
I was commissioned in very early March and my RRA has still not been processed.. I feel your pain!

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Some folks selected may not actually commission until close to or in new fiscal. I remember this was an issue for me. My board deadline was sept, they met feb, select march, commissioned august. There was a very large list of folks (mostly intel) who were slated to swear in that october.

My recruiter forwarded a letter that says that I will receive com docs within 10 days. Is that what everyone refers to as a FINSEL letter? Do you get that letter once the scroll is signed? Is it really going to happen within 10 days?