• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does it take for COMMDOCS to come in

cecseabee

I was selected for commissioning as a reserve DCO in the CEC community for the December board. About how long does it take to get the final papers to process so I can swear in?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was selected for commissioning as a reserve DCO in the CEC community for the December board. About how long does it take to get the final papers to process so I can swear in?

Can take weeks or months. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary…

Additionally, being a DCO you may or may not be a FY-22 accession. So, if not and you’re a FY-23 pick, the soonest you can commission is 1 October 2022.

cecseabee

Can take weeks or months. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary…

Additionally, being a DCO you may or may not be a FY-22 accession. So, if not and you’re a FY-23 pick, the soonest you can commission is 1 October 2022.
Thanks for the info. I’m part of priority gain FY-22 so hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m at just about the 2 month mark. I do know of a candidate that already got the FINSEL recently from my board.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Yeah...COVID has really messed up timelines. I recently commissioned a guy who's FINSEL was sitting so long, he tested/made/went through Chief's season. Millington calls randomly, and says you got five days to swear-in ASAP. There's no rhyme/reason (beyond the FY thing that @FormerRecruitingGuru mentioned).

jrh0425

Thanks for the info. I’m part of priority gain FY-22 so hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m at just about the 2 month mark. I do know of a candidate that already got the FINSEL recently from my board.
I was selected in March, commissioned in December but others selected with me have already been through ODS. It doesn't end with commissioning. I had to track my onboarding package from the recruiter/processor to the NOSC and call weekly asking for status. Even after all of that I wasn't notified of any progress until my unit CO sent me an email last week letting me know I was on the muster sheet and should plan to drill next month.

TheClyde

How did you track? Just kept calling and asking for an update? Or asked about specific documents/status?
I was selected in March, commissioned in December but others selected with me have already been through ODS. It doesn't end with commissioning. I had to track my onboarding package from the recruiter/processor to the NOSC and call weekly asking for status. Even after all of that I wasn't notified of any progress until my unit CO sent me an email last week letting me know I was on the muster sheet and should plan to drill next month.

jrh0425

How did you track? Just kept calling and asking for an update? Or asked about specific documents/status?
After my docs where signed I had to wait for my RRA to get the approval signature, I think that is the final step. I gave that a few weeks and then called the NOSC and spoke with personnel who directed back to my OR/processor. I emailed the processor asking for status of my gain package and was told it was being sent to the NOSC that week and was given the tracking number. After that I gave the NOSC weekly calls to get the status of my gain and also my conditional release being sent to my current unit. I ended up sending all the docs to my unit to get my separation processed.

Make sure to get copies of signed documents.

@cecseabee Did you get any updates? I signed my RRA and DD368 almost a month ago and had to hand a letter from the security manager from NOSC saying my clearance was valid. I was accepted for the EDO community on Feb.

cecseabee

@foowarrior Congrats on getting picked up for EDO! My timeline was selected in the CEC December board mid December. Got comm docs early March. Commissioned next day. Going to indoc April drill weekend.

number9

Contributor
After my docs where signed I had to wait for my RRA to get the approval signature, I think that is the final step. I gave that a few weeks and then called the NOSC and spoke with personnel who directed back to my OR/processor. I emailed the processor asking for status of my gain package and was told it was being sent to the NOSC that week and was given the tracking number. After that I gave the NOSC weekly calls to get the status of my gain and also my conditional release being sent to my current unit. I ended up sending all the docs to my unit to get my separation processed.

Make sure to get copies of signed documents.
What type of personnel did you speak with at the NOSC? I was commissioned at the start of this month and I don't think my RRA has even been processed yet. I'd like to reach out to my NOSC but am not entirely sure who to talk to..

jrh0425

What type of personnel did you speak with at the NOSC? I was commissioned at the start of this month and I don't think my RRA has even been processed yet. I'd like to reach out to my NOSC but am not entirely sure who to talk to..
I initially called Personnel and spoke to pretty much every PS in the office. Eventually I was given the DCO sponsor with the NRC but they really weren't any help as they had no status of my onboarding. I was told that the new system of processing accessions goes into a PERS black hole and then just updates. My unit actually notified me that I was on their muster sheet before the NRC did. If you have a CAC, you can keep checking BOL/PERS Tempo to see if your status changes. Also if you have a CAC, check Milconnect/DEERS. As soon as that updates you can get your ID.

I initially called Personnel and spoke to pretty much every PS in the office. Eventually I was given the DCO sponsor with the NRC but they really weren't any help as they had no status of my onboarding. I was told that the new system of processing accessions goes into a PERS black hole and then just updates. My unit actually notified me that I was on their muster sheet before the NRC did. If you have a CAC, you can keep checking BOL/PERS Tempo to see if your status changes. Also if you have a CAC, check Milconnect/DEERS. As soon as that updates you can get your ID.
I checked the BOL/Perstempo status and it says PERSTEMPO Status: No Status. Will it either be Status or No Status. Or is there something that intermediate that tells me it is on process and not in some blackhole. Something like Pending?

jrh0425

I checked the BOL/Perstempo status and it says PERSTEMPO Status: No Status. Will it either be Status or No Status. Or is there something that intermediate that tells me it is on process and not in some blackhole. Something like Pending?
Mine said pending Navy gain for about two months, then all of a sudden it was updated.