• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How long does it take for COMMDOCS to come in

TheClyde

My recruiter forwarded a letter that says that I will receive com docs within 10 days. Is that what everyone refers to as a FINSEL letter? Do you get that letter once the scroll is signed? Is it really going to happen within 10 days?
You won't received the commdocs, your recruiting station will. For mine, the date on the finsel was about a week before I got a call from the officer processor that they had my commdocs. It still took them three weeks after that to be ready for me to come in and commission.

You won't received the commdocs, your recruiting station will. For mine, the date on the finsel was about a week before I got a call from the officer processor that they had my commdocs. It still took them three weeks after that to be ready for me to come in and commission.
Ah got my hopes high too soon. Why did it take another extra three weeks? Was there something else pending coz I thought all u had to do was sign the commdocs to make it official.

TheClyde

Ah got my hopes high too soon. Why did it take another extra three weeks? Was there something else pending coz I thought all u had to do was sign the commdocs to make it official.
They have to prepare 20 pages of paperwork to sign. And you're not the only person they are preparing for.

They have to prepare 20 pages of paperwork to sign. And you're not the only person they are preparing for.
Surprisingly it only took me 9 days from the day I received the FINSEL letter to getting COMMDOCS signed by the officer (who commissioned me).
Until you are gained by NRC and go to your first drill, what will be the status?
Is it O1 with no pay? I am assuming you won’t get paid until your first drill week.

TheClyde

Surprisingly it only took me 9 days from the day I received the FINSEL letter to getting COMMDOCS signed by the officer (who commissioned me).
Until you are gained by NRC and go to your first drill, what will be the status?
Is it O1 with no pay? I am assuming you won’t get paid until your first drill week.
Correct, nothing to be paid for until then. As far as being gained, I've heard a variety of timelines. I personally had the opportunity to drill like 12 days after comissioning. I know others who have taken months.

cecseabee

Yep you are only paid for drills you attend. There are 4 periods per DWE. INDOC is pretty straightforward, just PowerPoints from each dept and a bunch of GMTs. Make sure you get urinalysis done and fill out a EPHA to get on the PHA and dental list for the next DWE.

You can go to INDOC in civilian clothes or uniform depending on when you get a cac and uniforms. It’ll be based on the NRC POM which is prob type IIIs. Make sure your name tapes are properly seen and you can blouse your boots etc. otherwise just go in business casual.

Yep you are only paid for drills you attend. There are 4 periods per DWE. INDOC is pretty straightforward, just PowerPoints from each dept and a bunch of GMTs. Make sure you get urinalysis done and fill out a EPHA to get on the PHA and dental list for the next DWE.

You can go to INDOC in civilian clothes or uniform depending on when you get a cac and uniforms. It’ll be based on the NRC POM which is prob type IIIs. Make sure your name tapes are properly seen and you can blouse your boots etc. otherwise just go in business casual.
I am still with my old unit as an enlisted reservist. So I drill every month. I am guessing until the PERS updates my records I won't officially be an O1 (paid as an O1).

Is it strange that I am already being paid as an O1 (I drill with my old unit where I was enlisted before), but I am still waiting for RRA (so that I could do a TRUIC change to my actual unit)? Also, NSIPS shows my status as ENS with the correct designator and BOL has my commdocs uploaded.

jmald10

I am still with my old unit as an enlisted reservist. So I drill every month. I am guessing until the PERS updates my records I won't officially be an O1 (paid as an O1).
I am in the same boat you were! Was selected on 19Sep22 board to pick FY23 quotas, and I am currently waiting on my Commissioning Letter, but drilling with my unit as an Enlisted, until Pers gets updated. Feels weird being in the Gray zone. How long did you have to wait before you have changes showing on your record, or did you get the Commissioning Letter first. Thank you in advance.