• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How is the ASTB scored?

MasterHaynes86

I'm still wondering if not having a college GPA will hurt me when I apply. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to all who have helped me out so far.

i know this is late, but when i applied to the USMC Officer program, I didn't have a college GPA because I was a 1st semester freshman. So I used a nifty HS transcript but had to get grade reports from each professor for my OSO

Maine Vaulter

USMC Candidate - Air
Ok I spoke with my OSO and he said that the board gives high school seniors the benifit of the doubt, and looks at their high school GPA. Mine is 3.9, and my OSO wants me to take the ASTB and apply in June. I know that you can only take the test 3 times, but is their a limit to how many times you can apply?

Thanks
Dave

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Ok I spoke with my OSO and he said that the board gives high school seniors the benifit of the doubt, and looks at their high school GPA. Mine is 3.9, and my OSO wants me to take the ASTB and apply in June. I know that you can only take the test 3 times, but is their a limit to how many times you can apply?

Thanks
Dave
3 times, and they take the most recent score. Do a search around the site for ASTB so you can get more info

BigRed389

None
If you've got no college GPA, I'd recommend studying up on the relevant physics stuff.

Also prepare to just bang out the spatial section, and study up on the aviation/nautical section...that's the kind of stuff that isn't knowledge most people just walk around with and you'll have to really sit down and study.

mdwAT2

A. J. Squaredaway
So, based on the curve & scale above, a combined % OAR score would be about 56 the way the Navy measures, right?

90% = 62
20% = 42

???

Just want to make sure I'm understanding this.