• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How hard is it to get accepted?

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
I'm about a year away from qualifying for this program... I'll have about 30 credits at the end of this year.

I cannot seem to find an OSO/officer recruiter in the Orlando area... the enlisted offices don't seem to really know what I'm talking about when I ask to talk to an officer recruiter.

Should I start talking to him now if I can locate him?

How stringent are they? Do I need to load up with 12 credit hours every semester, including summer when I qualify?

Any advice besides what has been stickied at the top of this section? I've been lurking here for a few months and have read a lot of it.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
It shouldn't be that hard to find the OSO for your area. If the recruiters around there are seriously that stupid, then just do a search on google for him. I know there is one in Tallahassee, but he handles the northern florida/panhandle area.

There is a lot of info on the BDCP program in this site. Just use the search feature. I know that they expect you to graduate ASAP once you get signed on. It is very competitive (why wouldn't it be? They're paying you while you're in school!).

Use the search button, find an OSO, and good luck.

Lobster

Seems like you've got a good start, definately contact an Officer Recruiter as soon as you can, the sooner you get your name to him the sooner you can get to work on your package to submit to the board. Good Luck!

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
How stringent are they? Do I need to load up with 12 credit hours every semester, including summer when I qualify?
I'm guessing you're not a full-time student if 12 hours is considered loading up... Anyway, you have to be full-time. This does not mean you have to take summer classes (or at least, I didn't put any summer on my ADCP and I'm swearing in next week).

On the plus side (I checked your profile), work shouldn't be as big of a concern when the Navy's paying you.

Lobster

Yeah, I go to a weird small private liberal arts college in upstate new york...its only 9 here.

Bugsmasher

Another Non-qual SWO Ensign
Are your classes only worth 2 credits apiece or something? Calling less than 4 classes a semester "full time" is ridiculous.

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
Are your classes only worth 2 credits apiece or something? Calling less than 4 classes a semester "full time" is ridiculous.

If you're talking to Kurtzie, then don't read this:

12 credit hours. 3 credit hours per class. 12/3= 4 classes if my math is good. That's full time according to the Gov't (per student loan criteria) and to my school.

[/end smartass]

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
For florida universities, 12 semester hours is considered full time. 6 for summer (usually two classes). Note: you are required by Florida law to take 9 semester hour during the summer to graduate (talk about legislation to keep pockets full...)

I'm taking 16 credit hours next semester... that 1 4 hour course and 4 3 hour courses. Fun fun... cal 3, anyone? :p

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
It's 12 hours in Tennessee as well. By the way, nice Anchorman reference in your username. Wouldn't have picked it up unless I had seen the movie yesterday. Anyways, man it shouldn't be too difficult to get in touch with an officer recruiter in your general area. Mine is in Nashville, so I have to drive 20 miles or so to his office. Not too bad. There are Navy Recruiting Districts (NRDs) in Jacksonville and Miami. They will have officer recruiters there. PM me for more info on BDCP, I am in the process of submitting my final paperwork.

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
It's 12 hours in Tennessee as well. By the way, nice Anchorman reference in your username. Wouldn't have picked it up unless I had seen the movie yesterday. Anyways, man it shouldn't be too difficult to get in touch with an officer recruiter in your general area. Mine is in Nashville, so I have to drive 20 miles or so to his office. Not too bad. There are Navy Recruiting Districts (NRDs) in Jacksonville and Miami. They will have officer recruiters there. PM me for more info on BDCP, I am in the process of submitting my final paperwork.

Thanks... yeah, a lot folks don't really get what my screen name means, but those that do usually laugh their asses off.

My step dad was the zone trainer for the central FL area when he retired in 03. But he doesn't seem to know how to get in contact with the officer recruiter either. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's because he wants me to enlist, because he enlisted in '83. He keeps telling me not to go in as an officer, and I keep telling him I don't want to end up like him.

I found an 800# for the officer recruiter in JAX. I'm going to call them today to see about who I can talk to in Orlando.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
No. Summer school isn't required. Summer is for drinking and forgetting what you learned all year.