• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How fit for CFET? (are Naval Aviators required to perform great feats of stamina?)

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Aviators are NOT REQUIRED in their designators to perform great feats of physical endurance or strength
At my internship I had a hour and fifteen minute 18 ride/orgasim. We did alot of high G (to me) stuff, and I clearly remember being absolutely exhausted afterwards....just saying

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Aviators are NOT REQUIRED in their designators to perform great feats of physical endurance or strength
At my internship I had a hour and fifteen minute 18 ride/orgasim. We did alot of high G (to me) stuff, and I clearly remember being absolutely exhausted afterwards....just saying

phrogpilot73

I guess I should have done an internship. Then I would have known better than to make my statement (that echoed Otto's statement).

I guess I learned less in my 1378.2 then you learned in your 1.3.

Try again.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Yes yes. Enough of this jet FAG talk. I'm sure high G maneuvering for hours on end gets exhausting, but over time, you should get more "accustomed" to it, no? Doesn't mean that you'll be a marathon runner after getting used to Gs. As I understand it, the more red meat, beer and chicken wings you consume, and the fatter you are, the better your G tolerance is.

/Helo R-tard disclaimer.

And for the record, about 2/3 of NAs and god knows how many FOs are NOT in a T/M/S that requires aforementioned conditioning. We are not REQUIRED (for the most part) to go jets.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I didn't think that until I went to CFET. That was probably the hardest i'd worked in any 10 minute period of my entire life (to include OCS).

Really?! Wow, OCS must be slipping since all my buddies went through back in the day. ;)

Seriously, CFET ain't that bad.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^I broke down in Australia for 3 weeks....that's a no shitter. And the punishment my liver took was a great feat of endurance!

Kycntryboy

pilot
I didn't think that until I went to CFET. That was probably the hardest i'd worked in any 10 minute period of my entire life (to include OCS).

It goes faster when you start sleeping through it like I did:icon_tong:eek:. I would rather be in the SUYA than do that trash again.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Somehow I don't think the smoking does much for you.

Just quoting the physiologist/Doc at centrifuge training... its pretty crazy. The more unhealthy you are(higher blood pressure and such) The more g's you can withold because it is harder for the blood to leave your brain. You'll just die sooner.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
Just quoting the physiologist/Doc at centrifuge training... its pretty crazy. The more unhealthy you are(higher blood pressure and such) The more g's you can withold because it is harder for the blood to leave your brain. You'll just die sooner.

Now we just have to find the perfect ratio of smoking, drinking and fast food consumption versus death age to be a G-Pullin' machine! New NAMI research project?

All joking aside, there was a point in my life that I desired to go to USNA, and like many other people were rejected... probably due to not knowing any political figures or having much of a family military history or maybe I just wasn't what the academy was looking for... I don't know and it doesn't matter any more. I was fortunate enough to pick up a ROTC scholarship for 4-years and get most of the same benefits of being in the academy (along with getting to live a somewhat normal college life). I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to say that at some point someone thought I had the potential to be a Naval Officer.
What really gets me though is one of the idiots out there committing felonies was from New York (my home state), graduated late from the academy (Sept 08 instead of May 08)... and started at USNA when I would've if I were accepted. What it all comes down to is: he took a spot at one of the most difficult institutions to get into before myself and others who were/are more deserving. And it wasn't only him, the 3 other guys from other states did the same to some others. Don't get me wrong, I was extremely grateful to get the ROTC scholarship and I am glad I went to school where I did and I am extremely grateful to be where I am now but it's as though I was told I was second best to this joker.

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
G-Pullin machine not really necessary unless you are flying Harriers or Hornets.

Figured the Navy could implement the smoking/drinking/fast food regiment once we found out what platform we'd be flying... although some have already gotten a head start.
:icon_smok + :icon_zbee + :piggy_125 = potential jet pilot?