• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How does one change their username?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Nope, not kidding here. I am learning as I go. I haven't even finalized my package yet (dang PRT) so I get a bit of a learning curve. The plus side is that I am eager to learn and pick things up very fast. I know that the rank structures differed though; I just thought an ensign was an O1 in every branch and it changed from there. I am applying only Navy so it's understandable, I think. (If I got repeatedly rejected I would be a Marine, in the mean time getting my self in top shape to do either. That's my goal to be a Naval Aviator: Navy, and if not, Marine. Tip of the spear both ways :) )

Please be sure to mention this to your OSO. You get extra points on your package if you've already applied to another service and been rejected. The recruiter gets a bonus for every applicant that he "steals" from other services, so this will expedite you package and get you accepted for sure.

I am NOT kidding about this. If anybody tries to tell you this is bullshit, DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!

BullGator

Please be sure to mention this to your OSO. You get extra points on your package if you've already applied to another service and been rejected. The recruiter gets a bonus for every applicant that he "steals" from other services, so this will expedite you package and get you accepted for sure.

I am NOT kidding about this. If anybody tries to tell you this is bullshit, DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!
Harrier Dude , there is no offense towards the Marines. I looked at all the branches (minus the CG) and I found that the Navy and Marine Corps were my best fit; where I would be happiest and which I respect the most. What I meant was that if I was rejected I would reapply the next month to the Navy again with interviews (package improvement), and if for whatever reason I was denied again, I would apply to the Marines instead of waiting 6mo to apply to the Navy. This is only because of my age, 25yo. I think I will be accepted though; I know that being rejected by the Navy may not help me with the Marines (duh) but my package is strong and I would like to think I'd make it in either on the first try. Wishful? -Yes, but I'm confident. No need for e-sarcasm here. I am sincere. I love both branches. (I know the jokes and all between them (my dad was a aviator for the Navy and my uncle was a naval aviator for the Marines, not to mention all their friends I've been around in my background), but I have tremendous respect for anyone who serves, especially Navy/Marines.)

Also part of my point was that I think that the Marines would accept more applicants for pilots because they know there is a higher attrition rate from Marine OCS and TBS. I'm not a quiter, so it's not a problem for me. I'd just work my butt off in preparing for it, and finish everything I attempt to do (now -alone, at OCS -as a team). Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Sounds like you need to do a little more reading and a little less guessing and assuming.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I only figured it out because I looked at his profie and it was showing realtime activity.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I only figured it out because I looked at his profie and it was showing realtime activity.

I had to double check that as well. I was looking through his most recent posts wondering "WTF did he say this time to get his ass banned?" and then I figured it out. Rep your way Otto for taking advantage of our gullible natures ;)

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Using the search function for other information and stumbled onto this little gem of a thread...
**head to desk**
**bang, bang, bang**
(I literally slapped my hand to my head 3 different times while reading this thread, I didn't know that was possible!)
How has Darwinism not caught up with several of you?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had to double check that as well. I was looking through his most recent posts wondering "WTF did he say this time to get his ass banned?" and then I figured it out. Rep your way Otto for taking advantage of our gullible natures ;)

That was not the end of the story. When Mods saw he was attempting to do exactly that, they decided to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy to teach him a lesson. Much fun was had by all including yet another poster who tried to figure out how putting that word in your profile (mysteriously) actually banned you.