• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do you get a pilot slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFuqua86

besides godd grades good test scores and high moral character how do you geta pilot's slot and how many are available

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pilots need a high moral character? Crap!

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I'm also totally hot, that was a help too. See, i'm a crappy pilot, but i'm also really good looking, so naturally the Navy wants to keep me around so they look good.

CLAM97to99

If Top Gun has taught me anything it has also taught me that you have to be willing to spend most of your spare time walking around in your underware.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
CLAM97to99 said:
If Top Gun has taught me anything it has also taught me that you have to be willing to spend most of your spare time walking around in your underware.

I have worn cloths in a week! Love me in my tighty-whities! :icon_smil

Kycntryboy

pilot
PropStop said:
I'm also totally hot, that was a help too. See, i'm a crappy pilot, but i'm also really good looking, so naturally the Navy wants to keep me around so they look good.

Agreed, thats why I sent in my photo with my package and needless to say... :icon_smil

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
Agreed, thats why I sent in my photo with my package and needless to say... :icon_smil

Oh yes, having a good package helps too. They like to see a well developed package on a naval aviator. Believe it or not, the package you come in with will get thicker throughout your naval career.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
All of the above is pretty much true (hahaha) but there is other info that you might find helpfull. It all depends on what your status is right now in life (College, highschool, already grad college, etc) and which route you decide to take based upon that staus (i.e. Academy, NROTC, OCS, OCS via BDCP,etc). Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. The only real Guarantee is with the BDCP prog of which you can read more about on other posts, just do a search. You asked a pretty general question, there are alot of parameters that need to be addressed before you will get a direct answer thats why all of us are sayin that chicken bones, tea leaves and camel c**ks will definatly get you a slot. In any event if you want it bad enough you will find out all that you need to know and die tryin just on passion, because these days, its definatly hard and it will only be getting harder to get a slot. So do your research and keep asking questions. Good Luck!

Austin

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
OCS Pilot Slot Gouge

So the CO of my NROTC Unit was explaining to us today how he just got back from a conferenc ein p-cola and he was told that for FY05 there will only be 10 pilot slots given to OCS guys. Pretty rough. Good luck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
illinijoe05 said:
So the CO of my NROTC Unit was explaining to us today how he just got back from a conferenc ein p-cola and he was told that for FY05 there will only be 10 pilot slots given to OCS guys. Pretty rough. Good luck.
For the whole FY? I find that hard to believe. All you wannabes just hang in there. In 6-12 months from now, the giant officer manning slinky will cycle again and be crying shortage. You'll probably all get a signing bonus.

Brett

FrankLee

question?

Hi, I'm an international student, and have lived in Philadelphia ever since 2003. Actually, I've interested in working in U.S Navy, an pilot if possible. Can I apply for being an naval officer? Can I take Lasick?

I was an military officer, special force in Korea for 4 years, and also I was an R.O.T.C (Army) when i was a university

something I know that i can not be an military officer in the U.S, but if a way to be an naval officer, would you tell me how to do that?

I will go to flight school in Daytona Beach, FL soon, and will finish all of flight tranining courses within one year and half. of course I will have a B.S or M.S also.

perchul

Naval officers are U.S. military officers...I'm not going to bother asking how it was to be a University

Status
Not open for further replies.