• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How do I calculate my cumulative GPA if I have a Masters and a Bachelors?

kyleworden19

Hi there,

I finished with a 2.67 GPA coming out of my Bachelors (History) but was accepted into my Masters program (Sports Coaching) and finished that with a 3.77 GPA. For positions like SNA/NFO, how do I calculate that as a cumulative?

I know for Intel, the Masters degree supersedes the Bachelors so, they don’t even consider your Bachelors if you have a Masters. Is it the same for SNA and NFO slots? Thanks in advance for your help!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi there,

I finished with a 2.67 GPA coming out of my Bachelors (History) but was accepted into my Masters program (Sports Coaching) and finished that with a 3.77 GPA. For positions like SNA/NFO, how do I calculate that as a cumulative?

I know for Intel, the Masters degree supersedes the Bachelors so, they don’t even consider your Bachelors if you have a Masters. Is it the same for SNA and NFO slots? Thanks in advance for your help!

Ask your recruiter. They can calculate your GPA.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask your recruiter. They can calculate your GPA.
@RecruitingGuru, are you protecting trade secrets or is this a national security issue? Why the secrecy?

BTW, you should make "Ask your recruiter." your profile signature as well as answers to "about me" page.

FormerRecruitingGuru

@RecruitingGuru, are you protecting trade secrets or is this a national security issue? Why the secrecy?

BTW, you should make "Ask your recruiter." your profile signature as well as answers to "about me" page.

I get “ask your recruiter” is Viewed as a cop out answer but they’re the ones with the GPA calculator and can give the OP his exact GPA with the masters and undergrad work.

n0rthstar

There are also a number of free online GPA calculators that will combine separate GPA's if you're willing to do the work of accounting for the respective grade points, weights, etc.

exNavyOffRec

I get “ask your recruiter” is Viewed as a cop out answer but they’re the ones with the GPA calculator and can give the OP his exact GPA with the masters and undergrad work.

Really a halfway decent recruiter will have gone over this with the applicant, as well as the entire process.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, your response was as helpful as my wife telling me to look in the kitchen cupboard.

Is there an instruction? Do you know the number of the instruction? Or is the GPA calculation ad hoc and based on Needs of the Navy?

P3 F0

None
Is there an instruction? Do you know the number of the instruction? Or is the GPA calculation ad hoc and based on Needs of the Navy?
This is has always frustrated me. There's a calculator the ORs use? Great! What's the damn equation they're using? What instruction is that coming from? There shouldn't be anything sensitive about the formula or procedure, and it should be widely published. But for some reason, for the past millennia, all I've ever heard is along the lines of "They're combined, ask your Recruiter." What I calculate at home should marry up precisely with whatever the OR is going to come up with, as long as I'm following the guidance/formula/procedure/whatever.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes, your response was as helpful as my wife telling me to look in the kitchen cupboard.

This is has always frustrated me. There's a calculator the ORs use? Great! What's the damn equation they're using? What instruction is that coming from? There shouldn't be anything sensitive about the formula or procedure, and it should be widely published. But for some reason, for the past millennia, all I've ever heard is along the lines of "They're combined, ask your Recruiter." What I calculate at home should marry up precisely with whatever the OR is going to come up with, as long as I'm following the guidance/formula/procedure/whatever.

It's a CNRC excel form (not available to the public) which calculates credits taken versus credits earned.

The point of asking their recruiter is that I've seen applicants try to calculate their own GPA, only to be way off when inputted into the CNRC GPA calculator.

The recruiter can email the excel form and the OP can use it himself, if the OR is feeling lazy.

azguy

None
It's a CNRC excel form (not available to the public) which calculates credits taken versus credits earned.

The point of asking their recruiter is that I've seen applicants try to calculate their own GPA, only to be way off when inputted into the CNRC GPA calculator.

The recruiter can email the excel form and the OP can use it himself, if the OR is feeling lazy.

I don't understand how any junior recruiter can email this Excel file to Joe Blow applicant, yet it's "not available to the public"...