• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing in Kingsville

aeroeng

pilot
Hello all,

I am headed to Kingsville for advanced in about 2 weeks with three of my fellow flight students and we're having some trouble finding housing. I was wondering if anyone knows of any 4-br homes available for rent in the Kingsville area. Thanks in advance for the help.

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
I lived in Paulson Falls, bout two minutes from base. Decent living as far as Kingsville standards. Contact Caldwell-Banker in Kingsville, they did the management for the home.

There's some homes in the neighborhoods too, but you'll have to call around to find out who's representing them.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I live in Paulson Falls only because I had good timing. Good housing here is difficult to come by, especially when you don't want to live in the Navy PPV's or they're full. Like the previous poster said, your best bet is to contact the realty companies in Kingsville (Coldwell Banker, Betty Haas, etc.) and get a hold of a rental list.

Some communities have this rule where you can only be a family to live there (aka no roommates), but many of those communities are out by the university and are further from base anyway.

Essentially, the housing situation here sucks, so just pray for some luck and good timing.

MasterBates

Rent Pumas from MWR. Problem solved.

See Frank at Outdoor Rec. RV Park is ~$260/mo and you can walk to the Club and Squadrons.

aeroeng

pilot
Haha, thanks for the advice sir. We've gotten a couple of leads so far; one of the roommates' mother is a realtor and she's trying to help us out.

p1brule

Frenchy
pilot
LOL, did he really recommend the pumas. Ask him how easy it was to get girls back there.

Another thing, go talk to Pat in admin at the wing. She always has a few places that people are putting up for rent.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
You don't want pictures. I was seen leaving, and caught enough shit as it was.

Hmm, now that I think about it, a woman who was willing to go back to the puma I probably don't want to see pictures of...

However, do you still have her number???:icon_tong

MasterBates

You need a date for the next Goshawk ball Rob, or are you just so hard up in Meridian that Krock is looking better for dating?

stickygdm

pilot
To bring this thread back on course...as opposed to the normal Puma sidetracks we seem to travel down from time to time...

I know there are some folks putting houses up for rental and last week a moving truck helped a neighbor vacate a rental home on my street. I think hooking up with the realtors, here will help out. I did not use C.B. instead a smaller one and was happy. C.B. is the biggest and the do a great job, just remember to shop around. The CBQ is an ok temp solution, just be patient. My bottom line is I want you be settled with living arrangements before we throw you to the wolves in the sim building--pun intended.

aeroeng

pilot
So we finally found a place. The realtors were little to no help. We tried to get them to talk to the owners of some houses that were for sale, but they seemed less than interested in helping us out (and potentially losing a sale.) I think the best bet is to get in contact with Pat at TW-2 STUCON and the lady who runs the housing office; they seem to be the first people to get leads on decent houses for rent.

nugget81

pilot
The realtors were little to no help. We tried to get them to talk to the owners of some houses that were for sale, but they seemed less than interested in helping us out (and potentially losing a sale.)

Welcome to Kingsville ;)

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
Yeah, after finding the house from the Coldwell Banker rental list that I wanted, they acted like setting my lease up was an inconvenience for them. It was like I was keeping them from doing something more important. Seemed like they didn't want our business... Silly South Texas...