• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing In Kingsville

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
nommm...nommm...nomm...

popcorn.bmp

MasterBates

Maybe I should have phrased that differently.. "Have you been in the fleet as an aviator and/or Officer" would have been better.

The point I was trying to make, is when I have guys who have families tell me "you don't know how it is", I take issue. One, I used to have a family. Two, I do know how it is. When you have to go to Billies dance recital or Susies football game, don't worry, us single guys "with no life outside of work" will cover for you. When we all come back from deployment, we will be standing watch instead of enjoying our first night back in the states.

Don't worry, even though we can't possibly know how hard your life is.

MPrice07

Masterbates,

Believe me, I in no way meant to offend you so much. I can assure you that I will not be wearing my husband's rank--ever! However, when HE selects something, it affects me. I have to move with him, find a new job, make new friends, and set up house there. I recognize that he is the one that selects, earns his wings, and deploys. However, don't be so jaded to think that we don't in some way work alongside our husbands. I certainly didn't personally attack you with my question, so you must have some issues since you felt the need to attack me on a thread that you had no business reading or commenting on since you were no help whatsoever.

I will keep in mind that there are guys out there who are highly offended when I use the term, we, but until they somehow come up with a way that my husband's career path doesn't affect me, I'll continue to use the term. "We" are moving to Kingsville. "We" will have to make new friends. "We" are going to have to find housing. I'm sorry that I "rubbed you the wrong way" but you aren't a ray of sunshine either. In fact, you aren't very nice at all. Feel free to ignore my questions on these forums from now on.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Mprice, as a test of your dedication to your husband, what is the EP for Uncommanded Prop Feather in the T-34C? :p

MasterBates

The we's you used in the above post's second paragraph are correct.

It may be a small thing that sets me off, but it has been a common thing for spouses to say. And I'm not the only guy it annoys (married guys are annoyed by it too!). If your husband was a civilian and took a job with Pratt & Whitney would you claim "we are going to be test engineers" unless you BOTH were hired by P&W for that job?

If you think me sarcastically going "we?" is an attack, you best stay off the main forums.

"Tread lightly. For dragons exist, and you are crunchy and taste good with catsup."
-quote stolen from another mod, but seemed apropos.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
For the record, I find it equally annoying when some dude says "We're pregnant!" (not to mention that sounding exceedingly gay and in need of man-card revocation)

It goes both ways. Just sayin...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For the record, I find it equally annoying when some dude says "We're pregnant!" (not to mention that sounding exceedingly gay and in need of man-card revocation)

It goes both ways. Just sayin...

Who the hell has said that?

Should be more like "dude I knocked her up"

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
BulletBob said:
Hey MPrice, housing was real good when I was there in 1970. Check out around 1515 Fordyce St., as I remember, the Rent was Cheap and the Window A/C's worked real well. I got a Free 16' Boat with mine after a 6 Month Lease. Enjoy KVille, it's a Plum Riot! An X-VT-23 Member, SHORT TIME!

So why were you in Kingsville in 1970 and part of VT-23?

Lobster

BulletBob said:
I got a Free 16' Boat with mine after a 6 Month Lease.

Something else "free with purchase" comes to mind...

Caddyshack0.jpg

"Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?"