• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Housing In Kingsville

MPrice07

Anyone know what housing is like in Kingsville? We just selected Jets and we have two big dogs (Rott/Lab mix and a german shepherd). We need a yard! Does on base housing have yards? Is there decent housing in town?

Thanks!

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Might as well give him the help he requested before someone yells "SEARCH" or locks the thread.

Two apartment complexes, Hunter's Cove and Hawk's Landings, are where most SNA's stay at. No housing on base unless you live in a puma. The houses in town arn't too bad depending on where you live. Paulsen Falls, or whatever its name was, looks like the newer stuff close to base.

End helpfulness. Let yelling commence.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Hey! Come on Masterbates. Let's give "them" the benefit of the doubt. Maybe "they" are two male SNAs who selected jets together and are looking to be roomies. Or, worst case, it's a female and male SNA who are together and happened to select Jets together.

If it's just a wife saying "we" selected jets.... god have mercy on your soul. I award you NO points.

MasterBates

I checked her profile. It's a wife going "We" selected jets.

No, her husband selected jets. She's just being a camp follower.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
I checked her profile. It's a wife going "We" selected jets.

No, her husband selected jets. She's just being a camp follower.

Don't listen to masterbater, he's what we call a spouse-hater, and had a rough childhood. Anyways, with two huge dogs, Hunter's Cove will be difficult to manage. There are some houses out in town, but solid rentals are hard to come by. For a large yard, you might have to settle for a house that's a bit run-down, or perhaps delapidated, but it can be done. Hunter's and Hawk's are PPVs, not quite base-housing, but as close as Krock has to offer. Use them as a last resort. Refer to the "Spouses Corner" for some threads on Kingsville housing, and watch out for naysayers that shouldn't be in the spouses corner in the first place, they have nothing else better to do. Good luck, PM me for more info.

MasterBates

So you plan on having the Commodore pin full size wings on your wife when you wing Mike?

The "We selected jets" "We are in FCLPs" etc wives rub me the wrong way. They tend to be the same ones who wear their husbands rank/billet later on in the fleet.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Kingsville does have base housing, you can check any navy housing always at http://www.housing.navy.mil/onestop/InstallationsByLocation.aspx, looks like they have 2,3, and 4 bedroom options. However, you won't be getting housing unless your rott/lab mix become just a "lab" mix. Congrats on jets.

Unless they've built housing on base in the past month, there's nothing on base. What they have is a public-private venture with some apartments out in town, Hunter's Cove and Hawk's Landing. That's what they're talking about. No actual living on base except for the BOQ and puma dwellers.

MasterBates

There's 2 houses on base. Good luck getting one unless you are the Commodore/Base CO or a high ranking staff type.

Of course, then you the lovely NASK RV Park. Actually, it's a good park and one of the better deals I have had living in campers.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
So you plan on having the Commodore pin full size wings on your wife when you wing?

The "We selected jets" "We are in FCLPs" etc wives rub me the wrong way. They tend to be the same ones who wear their husbands rank/billet later on in the fleet.

No, I plan on having my two daughters pin on my wings, but my wife will be there too, with our son. Yeh, three kids...you thought flight school was challenging, even in the least? You have no idea.

And oh by the way, sometimes, we have to take them to the commissary....it would be a "crying" shame if they happened to ruin your day by crying or throwing a fit in public. I know it's rough not having a significant other, life without anyone close...in a way flight school was probably tougher for you guys...always having to worry about spending another night with no one, where will I go to get inebriated tonight? you say? Just snuggle up to Airwarriors for comfort. Reality dude, when I have bad days in the cockpit, they are still happy to see me when I get home no matter what, damn good feeling you have no idea, well worth all of the heartache of having a family about which you write. Think about it before making anti-family posts on a public forum. Professional reputations are formed and deformed continuously, our community (Naval Aviation) is so exclusive, there is no anonymity on a forum like this.

This rant was pre-empted by another thread I won't mention, I just reached a tipping point. :eek: Don't hate, appreciate.

MasterBates

Oh, I have no idea of the difficulty of flight school because I don't have kids? Oh, I forgot not having children deprives me of a trump card that I can pull for anything.

I've been in the fleet. You?

Had a family too, including a good chunk of my first run thru flight school and most of my fleet tour. I still don't want to be run into by out of control children, nor hear screaming children at adult functions like hail and farewells, and the "grownup" Christmas parties.