• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

hours and types

szalonypilot

I would like to know little bit more about naval flight training.

You can choose :

Jets, so You start with T-6 ( how many hours?) and i believe T-45 Goshawk(h?)
Helos, start with T-6 and after that TH-57
Props, T-6 an C-12 Huron

Could You tell me more about flight hours on certain type of plane

FLY_USMC

pilot
I got 102.5 hours in the Tweet in Primary....
167.8 hours in the Goshawk in Advanced...
117.9 hours in the Hornet in the RAG....
and just broke 1000 hours loading AES in Iraq....
I would say this is fairly typical as I never downed and had to redo any flights and actually only incompleted probably less than 10 flights due to weather. Old man weather was definately on my side for ~3 years.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Jets, so You start with T-6 ( how many hours?) and i believe T-45 Goshawk

Haven't completed Advanced yet (T-45 Goshawk), but during primary I logged 90-95 hours in the T-6 at Vance.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I would like to know little bit more about naval flight training.

You can choose :

Jets, so You start with T-6 ( how many hours?) and i believe T-45 Goshawk(h?)
Helos, start with T-6 and after that TH-57
Props, T-6 an C-12 Huron

Well one, pilots at Whiting or Corpus don't start with the T-6 being we don't have the yet. Only the AF and NAS Pensacola have them (NFO training for the Navy). So as far as Navy training it goes:

Jets: T-34C to T-45
E2/C2: T-34C to T-45 to T-44
Helo: T-34C to TH-57
P-3: T-34C to T-44/C-12??

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Well one, pilots at Whiting or Corpus don't start with the T-6 being we don't have the yet. Only the AF and NAS Pensacola have them (NFO training for the Navy). So as far as Navy training it goes:

Jets: T-34C to T-45
E2/C2: T-34C to T-45 to T-44
Helo: T-34C to TH-57
P-3: T-34C to T-44/C-12??

Just to clarify for szalonypilot, there are a percentage of Student Naval Aviators (I'd guess between 10-20%) that receive primary training in the T-6 at Vance AFB (Joint Service Undergraduate Pilot Training).

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
They cut some of our syllabus out in both primary and advanced. The AF studs at vance got about 10 more flights than I did, and the AF bubs at 35 got quite a few forms and low levels.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
101.4 in the T-34
173.5 in the T-45

For 274.9 total. Seemed like I've flown less than that but wow.

MasterBates

I'd have to look it up, but I got about 190-200 hours total pretty evenly split between the T-34 and TH-57 when I went thru the helo pipeline.

I got about 50 hours in the T-44 for E2 intermediate, and around 120 hours in T-45s, but I had to repeat about half the syllabus due to a long term grounding.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Things have changed a bit since I was in flight school 12 years ago.

-75.9 hrs T-34C
-29.7 hrs T-44A
-112.0 hrs T-2C

217.6 hrs total for flight school...E2/C2 guy

MrF

pilot
103.4 in the T-34
169.5 in the T-45

272.9 total through flight school. Although, a few of those hours are the mando warmups that came along with the 10 months I was in primary and the 16 months I spent in advanced.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
91.4 in the T-34
129.9 in the TH-57B/C

No downs, only two warm-ups. I did observe eight solos in the 57.

I'll use this space to plug Logbook Pro, it makes logging soooooo much easier.

szalonypilot

I am in Aviation Officers Candidate School in Poland(multiengine pipeline).. Now on API... It is strange but (HQ) made decision that we are going to start our flight training with old russian bi-plane called An-2 "Colt" they have cut out PZL-130 which is very similar to Tucano so I would say something like T-6 Texan II.... It is interesting that in the NAVY you can fly T-45 or T-2 even if you are multiengine...
Is it the same in the Air Force? I believe that they use T-1 Jayhawk instead of C-12..
I saw some of them when i was in Pensacola, but they use them to train bombardiers and navigators

I would love to get some part of the flight training in the US.... After school probably I will fly C-130 or CASA 295M (very similar to Spartan) in Polish Air Force.