• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

hours and types

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I am in Aviation Officers Candidate School in Poland(multiengine pipeline).. Now on API... It is strange but (HQ) made decision that we are going to start our flight training with old russian bi-plane called An-2 "Colt" they have cut out PZL-130 which is very similar to Tucano so I would say something like T-6 Texan II.... It is interesting that in the NAVY you can fly T-45 or T-2 even if you are multiengine...
Is it the same in the Air Force? I believe that they use T-1 Jayhawk instead of C-12..
I saw some of them when i was in Pensacola, but they use them to train bombardiers and navigators

I would love to get some part of the flight training in the US.... After school probably I will fly C-130 or CASA 295M (very similar to Spartan) in Polish Air Force.

Wow, the An-2 Colt is an old, old airplane :eek: With regards to the multi-engine and T-45/T-2 flying, the T-2C is all but gone now. The Navy has two multi-engine turboprop carrier aircraft, the E-2/C-2 and the only way to get your initial qual at the boat is via the jet pipeline. So us E2/C2 types go through an intermediate jet syllabus that ends with CQ. We can also go back and be an instructor in the T-45, which I think is a great deal for our community. The E2/C2 IMO is a boring, boring aircraft to fly. Back in the day, I went through VT-4 in Pensacola whose sole job for a few years was to be the advanced training squadron for future E2/C2 pilots. Now that job is split with the standard T-45 squadrons. So within the next few years, it's going to be T-6B Texan II's, then either TH-57's, T-44's or T-45's.