• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

home defense

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
i like the m1 carbine.

a. not a pistol (safer)
b. mag and weapon can be separate but in close proximity. (safer for kids)
c. medium to low structural penetration (safer)
d. can be fitted with a little light and or laser if disired.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
12 ga shotgun, pistol grip for hidability behind the bed, and it's a pump so the kiddos have difficulty manipulating the controls plus the safety requires some effort to move as well.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
A nice .45 semi auto with one of these should be more than adequate to have all your safety, firepower, and penetration problems solved.

yak52driver

Contributor
Sig P226 9mm for those that make it inside, AR-15 for Zombies that are at the outside perimeter...

No kids in the house (besides me) to worry about.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
12 Gauge for home defense. There is no other sound like a 12 gauge pump, even at night the bad guys know he's about to be F'd.

beaverslayer

pilot
12 Gauge for home defense. There is no other sound like a 12 gauge pump, even at night the bad guys know he's about to be F'd.

+1. I go with the Remington 870 tactical. I'll probably spring for a gen 3 Glock 23 to back that up one of these days.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Maybe there's something wrong with me. . .but I don't want the intruder to know what has coming. . .plus, I don't want to shoot him in the back if he has second thoughts about his actions. That would just leave more questions for when the police show up.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
12 Ga pump action.

I know I'm groggy when I wake up in the middle of the night. I don't wanna have to deal with pesky things like "aiming" or "follow up shots".

Point, pull, done. As a bonus, I figure I'll get to spend some time the next day pulling buckshot out of my drywall.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Glock 20 (10mm Auto) on my nightstand. 12 gauge semi-auto in the closet. Everything else is unloaded.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My father, after stomping my ass for playing with my 22 without his permission when I was 9 or 10, taught me "there is nothing in this world more useless than an unloaded gun when you need a loaded gun."

He keeps an m1 carbine in the gun rack in their bedroom a 1911 in a biometric safe. I have the M4gery and pump action in the closet, and my glock 22 in a hide holster behind my night stand. No munchkins, so they stay loaded until kids come over. Everything goes into the safe with kids in the house though. I don't know if I'll feel as comfortable keeping so many loaded guns, even in a big fort knox safe with my eventual demon spawn running amok. Probably just get a biometric safe like my old man and deal with the fact that I can only shoot an intruder with 1 calibre weapon, instead of 3 or 4.

I still remember the beating. The message he imparted stuck with me since, too.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
of course, a thing to remember is the 'defense in depth' concept.
(alarm system or a big junk yard dog))
junkyard-dog.jpg

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
of course, a thing to remember is the 'defense in depth' concept.
(alarm system or a big junk yard dog))
junkyard-dog.jpg
Ha ha! I got a Glock 23 in a push button safe in my nightstand, a 120 lb German Shepherd and a monitored alarm system. Oh yeah, and the yappy Puggle my daughter insists that I keep, despite the fact that it still pisses on the floor and it is 2 years old.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

I'm going to go with this, the shotgun is probably the best home defense. I have no shotguns or long guns at this time but a 12 gauge is next on the list. As it is for now, my XDc 45 is my primary home defense gun for now. I've got several handguns but they are locked in a safe with quick access if need be. My Sig P226 Navy has a few 20 round mags with 124gr +p ammo waiting to go if need be.