• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hollywood Subs

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
skidkid said:
Now that is funny, I dont mean to poke fun well a bit anyway but do you actually use ranks in civil air patrol? Isnt the CO like someone's mom or something?

Hell No! Unlike the Boy Scouts, my CO is someone my age. I'm the XO, in fact. We're organized similarly to an actual Air Force Unit. Each state is a wing, which contains a set number of groups, which contain a set number of squadrons, whether they be cadet, senior member, or composite. Go to www.cap.gov for more info.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
Hell No! Unlike the Boy Scouts, my CO is someone my age. I'm the XO, in fact. We're organized similarly to an actual Air Force Unit. Each state is a wing, which contains a set number of groups, which contain a set number of squadrons, whether they be cadet, senior member, or composite. Go to www.cap.gov for more info.
specialforces7mv.jpg
I could resist....... :D :) :D :icon_mi_1 :icon_tong :D :icon_smil

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
CAP....gotta love it. I spent 3 days at the Oshkosh Air Show last week, and a lot of the flightline stuff is "run" by the CAP. It's rather entertaining watching them strut around in their cammies and BLUE nametapes. The best is when they go from place to place in FORMATION. I'm just bustin' your balls AllAmerican, once upon a time I was in AFJROTC! :icon_smil :D ;)

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
Master Sergeant is way up there...

CAP? Oh yeah, and I forgot to tell everyone that I'm an assault group leader in the Blue Blaze Irregulars...applied to the Banzai Institute this year, hope they'll take me! Anyone else?

Attachments

• teambanzai.jpg
    teambanzai.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 33

Lawman

None
highlyrandom said:
"The real Typhoons had small pools on them. No sh!t."

Ah, the good old Project 941 Akula Day Spa.

Wait, what exactly do you mean "had"?

To paraphrase several sources, "...a seventh vessel was planned but never finished."

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/fleet/russian/submarine/typhoon-akula-941-39.jpg

Although it would make a hell of a yacht.

"I thought I heard singing...the words 'I'm so rrroooneerryyy'"

Actually funny thing about the Typhoon talking to my roommate again. They have this hull problem due to the exterior hulls material becoming brittle with extreamly low temp. Basically every time they went out they're cruising depth kept getting shallower and shallower and now all the Ruskies have are a bunch of leaky boats.

He had some funny things to say about the Alpha Class boats too. Basically they were like the Harley Davidsons you have riding around, throttle down and no way you dont hear them.