• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hmm, helos are more involved in combat?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
And yet, there was probably still a helo in the D... ;)

Nope. They were spinning on deck waiting for me to punch out.

I talked to them later that night about it. We pretty much agreed that if I had ended up jumping out we all would have been better off with them not launching.

As a reference, I couldn't see them from spot 7, even with goggles until I got out.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I suspect that might have a lot to do with the fact that helos haven't employed a whole lot of weapons in anger over the years. I understand the reasons, but that's probably why there arent' a lot of dollars put into your weapons programs.

Crazy enough, I'd argue the most combat tested Navy squadron in Iraq was a Navy helicopter squadron.

That said, Navy helos have employed weapons over the years, it's just that we 99.9% of what we employ is 7.62, and that doesn't have the same "impact", pun intended, that a jet dropping bombs does.

The article doesn't surprise me at all, it's just sorta sad how the money gets divvied out the way it does.

phrogpilot73

Funny. That's not what I saw there from my pod.
FIFY...

I've been to the boat, and I've dirt-det'd. I would rather attempt a landing at a ship with a CCA (knowing how shitty those controllers are) then try to land in the western desert of Iraq to do a bridge survey every day and 15 times on Sunday. Period.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
FIFY...

I've been to the boat, and I've dirt-det'd. I would rather attempt a landing at a ship with a CCA (knowing how shitty those controllers are) then try to land in the western desert of Iraq to do a bridge survey every day and 15 times on Sunday. Period.

Nope. They were spinning on deck waiting for me to punch out.

I talked to them later that night about it. We pretty much agreed that if I had ended up jumping out we all would have been better off with them not launching.

As a reference, I couldn't see them from spot 7, even with goggles until I got out.

Yes, yes...you guys are amazing. Did you need one of these 'cause honestly this is a bit boring?

ruler_0_10.jpg

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah, let me know when you've gone somewhere that wasn't paved.

Are you kidding me? I try not to even fly into military fields unless absolutely necessary. Feather the left engine, kick the VIP out, and go off in search of a decent cheeseburger.

Anything where there aren't warm cookies at the FBO or the U-drive doesn't have leather seats is just uncivilized.

phrogpilot73

Are you kidding me? I try not to even fly into military fields unless absolutely necessary. Feather the left engine, kick the VIP out, and go off in search of a decent cheeseburger.

Anything where there aren't warm cookies at the FBO or the U-drive doesn't have leather seats is just uncivilized.
You're getting soft. Real mean accomplish the same thing, without needing a runway...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor

You're seeing the light. Throw in some per diem and you've got the P-3 lifestyle.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

It's a start, but not quite "show" quality yet....... ;)