• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hiring floodgates opening in 3....2.....1.....

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hiring is just starting to break. A buddy at United says interviewees are already on site and the company will be hiring 100 per month for the next 2 years. As most know, Delta has called everyone back and has realized it may have screwed up with the voluntary early retirements. The company in now short several thousand pilots and demand is coming back strong. I don’t know how they will be able to hire and train 1500+/- a year for the next 2 years. It will be interesting g to watch for sure. Good luck to those applying and yes, the airlines are still a great place to work.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hiring is just starting to break. A buddy at United says interviewees are already on site and the company will be hiring 100 per month for the next 2 years. As most know, Delta has called everyone back and has realized it may have screwed up with the voluntary early retirements. The company in now short several thousand pilots and demand is coming back strong. I don’t know how they will be able to hire and train 1500+/- a year for the next 2 years. It will be interesting g to watch for sure. Good luck to those applying and yes, the airlines are still a great place to work.
I am not giving my permanent leave back to AA! Being retired is still a great place to ____ (insert favorite activity) whenever you want for as long as you wish.

Python

pilot
Contributor

Absolutely true about Delta. They cut too deep. Numerous leaks that they want to hire at max throughout once all the recalls are trained. The numbers I’m hearing leaked are over a thousand new hires by next summer (And 1500 a year continuously). Pulling out all the stops to make it happen.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I have a feeling that they'll try to mitigate some of that by hiring back some of those retired/buyout pilots as contract sim instructors. That way they take fewer pilots off the line, especially senior ones who might also be double hatted as check airmen in the airplane and needed for IOE.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So if I pulled my "I need to get out of the fucking Navy because of airline work" letter and replaced it with a "please, for the love of God keep me for another four years because of COVID and beside I Love the Navy" letter can I now replace that with a "Sorry, it's not you, it's me" letter?

Asking for a friend.

Jim123

pilot
So if I pulled my "I need to get out of the fucking Navy because of airline work" letter and replaced it with a "please, for the love of God keep me for another four years because of COVID and beside I Love the Navy" letter can I now replace that with a "Sorry, it's not you, it's me" letter?

Asking for a friend.
Maybe they should add some more GMT to transition class: "Personal Financial Responsibility and what Seaman Schmuckatelli and his V6 Mustang have in common with CDR Smith the furloughed pilot, his lake house, and his Range Rover" :p

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot

Asking for a friend.
Rumor has it folks have retracted resignation paperwork and resubmitted it within a year's time.

to which I say "never begrudge another's scam."

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

Asking for a friend.

It's never too soon to try to quit again.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Rumor has it folks have retracted resignation paperwork and resubmitted it within a year's time.

to which I say "never begrudge another's scam."

IT'S ME!

Loved dropping the MILPERSMAN on PERS with their own exception to 24 months on station before resignation at shore. "1 year on station following OCONUS Sea Duty". The only favor NAVCENT ever did for me. A currency lap then my apps are in.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Asking for a friend.

Don’t worry, in two years this will all be doom and gloom again, before reversing itself yet again a little while later.

Aviation is a boom/bust industry. Timing is everything.

SlickAg

pilot
I have a feeling that they'll try to mitigate some of that by hiring back some of those retired/buyout pilots as contract sim instructors. That way they take fewer pilots off the line, especially senior ones who might also be double hatted as check airmen in the airplane and needed for IOE.
I wonder how many would want to come back? Good retirement gig for someone who lives in Atlanta for example, but I know they also have seniority list pilots as instructors as well. Would that require a contract change at all?

Jim123

pilot
I wonder how many would want to come back? Good retirement gig for someone who lives in Atlanta for example, but I know they also have seniority list pilots as instructors as well. Would that require a contract change at all?
I wonder the same thing. I bet there will some whose answer is "not just no but h__ no" and some who are restless and would jump at the opportunity. Maybe a few out there have the "you have to find something to do with your time" spouse dynamic going on, but I bet most of them are presently enjoying their new lifestyle of having both time and money.

Everybody has their price, buuuut