• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

High Blood Pressure Help?

draad

So just eat meat? Yeah, that will do wonders for your long term health.
10 years ago this whole paleo craze was called Atkins. How did that work out for everyone?

Yes, I know there are differences, but there is a reason that fad diets are fads...they don't work long term.

Dude you're completely missing misreading/misinterpreting/assuming. NO WHERE did I say only meat, or just protein. You get your carbs from veggies and you can get as many carbs from veggies as you want in your diet. I was simply saying paleo is a great approach (and actually IS what many doctors will recommend- I have borderline hypertension and my friggin dad is a doctor). But paleo doesn't help someone if their loading up on fruits with fructose and seeds/nuts with salt.
In absolutely no way did I have to say it was low carb or ketogenic. Paleo is not a fad diet, its what your ancestors ate for millions of years.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Dude you're completely missing misreading/misinterpreting/assuming. NO WHERE did I say only meat, or just protein. You get your carbs from veggies and you can get as many carbs from veggies as you want in your diet. I was simply saying paleo is a great approach (and actually IS what many doctors will recommend- I have borderline hypertension and my friggin dad is a doctor). But paleo doesn't help someone if their loading up on fruits with fructose and seeds/nuts with salt.
In absolutely no way did I have to say it was low carb or ketogenic. Paleo is not a fad diet, its what your ancestors ate for millions of years.
It is a fad. I am glad your dad is a doctor (mine is a CPA btw) and it sounds like the version of the diet that you are on is pretty healthy. Others are not so smart.
Tell me, what was the average life expectancy for a Paleolithic male? I don't know either, but I am guessing it is probably less than it is currently.
Fruits and nuts are a pretty strong piece of a healthy diet.
Clearly I am not a nutritionist and you aren't a doctor, but here we are doling out health advice on a site for aviators.
All I can say is to consult your flight doc (or A flight doc if you don't want to talk to yours) before embarking on any diet outside the norm.

draad

It is a fad. I am glad your dad is a doctor (mine is a CPA btw) and it sounds like the version of the diet that you are on is pretty healthy. Others are not so smart.
Tell me, what was the average life expectancy for a Paleolithic male? I don't know either, but I am guessing it is probably less than it is currently.
Fruits and nuts are a pretty strong piece of a healthy diet.
Clearly I am not a nutritionist and you aren't a doctor, but here we are doling out health advice on a site for aviators.
All I can say is to consult your flight doc (or A flight doc if you don't want to talk to yours) before embarking on any diet outside the norm.
Again, paleo is simply "not eating junk food", those foods with little nutritional value. Eating too many nuts, dairy and fruits is just a way people f*** up the diet and contain a lot of salt, and sugar. Virtually everything, nutrition wise, in fruits, dairy, and nuts can be eaten through meats fish and veggies. But thats not me saying eat zero fruit or nuts, its just saying that eating a shit ton of dried fruit with nuts completely defeats the purpose of it all. And I'm glad your dad is a CPA, but, as previously stated, mine is a doctor, and he, as well as MY flight surgeon (total of 3 flight surgeons in fact) have all offered this advice.
And yes, we're doling out advice because someone asked it on the forum. If they didn't want the advice, they wouldn't ask.

MasterBates

No, I just have high diastolic pressure. I,think the women having better g tolerance is from being shorter.

I have a retarded high tolerance, and I can see over the canopy rail

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk