• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HEY, who spiked my OJ?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicki

OC Hosehead - Congrats!

OC Shutter - Hey now, I resemble that remark. Besides, my hair is light brown - I'm NOT a blonde. (LOL)

ENS Wildman, USNR

ha,ha - lower lineal number = fewer of the sh***y jobs if we ever work together in the Fleet!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Congratulations to both OC Shutter and OC Hosehead, I know both of you are on top of the world at the moment.

Dave, you definitely rode the roller coaster to get where you wanted to go, and hats off to you for the perseverance and dedication to reaching your goal, in spite of the road blocks thrown in your way by the ever helpful recruiters you ended up with. I think speaking for the rest of us farther down the program than you, that you are in for some great times ahead, and you will also meet some of the best people you'll ever want to meet (vicki excluded of course). Many congratulations again, and welcome to the Navy and the Aviation community, best of luck in your continued pursuit of those Wings of Gold.

As for Brad, Dave I sincerely hope you give him hell as a Candy O'!

Dave Shutter

MUCHO CONGRATS HOSEHEAD!!!

Thanx John, if it wasn't for this site I would be totally in the dark about how to go about this. The first time my recruiters had said "no" that would have been it because I wouldn't have known any better.

quote:As for Brad, Dave I sincerely hope you give him hell as a Candy O'!

Mr Bikula...? The fine gentleman who gave us all the beauty that is the USMC ASTB Study guide! Just for that I think he'll get off with push-ups elevated only 3 feet off a wall vs. 6.

BTW Hosehead, if I make it to Whiting then I'll probably still be in the area when you start next summer, I'll buy you a beer before your 13 week nightmare starts, wish me luck on mine.

(OC) Shutter SNA, OCS Oct 27

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 08/21/2001 23:54:33

bpikula

I think he'll get off with push-ups elevated only 3 feet off a wall vs. 6

Geez, thanks a lot. Don't you have stuff to pack for Hawaii?

Thanks for the "mercy", Dave. Excuse me, OC Shutter, sounds cool, huh? I'll see you in Pensacola!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Brad, as a matter of fact, I AM packing my bags for Hawaii right now. Just admit it, you ALL are jealous, I'll send postcards..

Dave Shutter

John, when you get tasked to patrol the Chinese coast try to resist the overwhelming urge to ram those poor, innocent Chinese F-8's. The whole world has heard the stories about you mean spirited P-3 pilots and your menace of an aircraft! Remember John, breaking the chain of violence starts with you!

(OC) Shutter SNA, OCS Oct 27

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Dave, I will do my best, but more than likely, IF anything interesting happens, I will get hanked out the seat so fast my head will spin, being a 3P (or 3rd Pilot) puts me right at the bottom of the food chain so to speak. More incentive for me to qualify as a 2P as soon as possible.

Speaking of violence, have you hugged your recruiter yet, or at least bought him/her a beer? LOL As for mean spirited P3 Pilots, well, I could probably say that we are the most laid back of all communities, "Stress, what stress?", ah the per diem check, and staying out in town drinking a beer after a flight on deployment. Then again, I'll be lucky to see 350 KIAS straight and level as Matt is almost stalling and sucking up lots of high quality JP4 in his F18 abeam me.

Oh well, got to get back to work, looking forward to getting out there, and flying again!

Sluys

Congrats to both of you guys.. the fun really starts now. Just get used to being called "(Nasty) Prior"

~Rob Sluys, ENS, USNR
VT-27

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey guys,

If you want to be a pilot dont give up. I am living proof that anything can happen. I am in the BDCP program and orig was slotted as NFO due to my age. I am 30 and will be 31 in Nov. The current rules state for pilot you have to receive your commision before your 31st Bday. This caused me some heartache because I graduate from UF in Dec and hopefully gad OCS in March. This made me 4 months to old. No offense to anyone, but I wanted a pilot slot. My dad was a fighter pilot (F-16) in the USAF for 24 years, so I grew up in sims and have always wanted to be a pilot. I am a prior Spec Ops EOD guy and was a Primary Marine Mammal Handler at EODMU4 in Key West. Anyway, since I started school at UF Ive been after the EOD guys in San Diego to send me some course descriptions for the military schools I attended. I recieved the descriptions in July (ive asked for them in July 1998). It turns out that UF was willing to give me 23 credit hours for these courses. This would have allowed for my graduation last year. Finally to the point. I got an age waiver for pilot (i'm told this never happens) and was swithced from an NFO slot to a Pilot slot. My point is always, always ask questions. If you dont think you are getting the right answer ask someone else.

Dave

Dave Shutter

Congrats on your acceptance Dave

quote:If you want to be a pilot dont give up. I am living proof that anything can happen....always ask questions. If you don't think you are getting the right answer ask someone else.

I'm totally hearing you! I got rejected way back in April and had to bug my recruiters for two months for a re-test. Granted low test scores were the reason, which is my responsibility, but there were several other issues where I needed their help in geting through and they just took their damn time! Every one in the office had told me at least twice to give up because it's impossible! One guy never had even heard of the age waiver, one guy said my BIO score would never change another said that with my major that pilot was really beyond me. The people I had chose to listen to however were the real pilots that I had met in person and the ones on this site who had gone before me and made it happen, some with NPQ'ing circumstances much worse than my age and surgery. Best of luck this Dec. EODDave, Hope to see you down there!

(OC) Shutter SNA, OCS Oct. 27

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 08/22/2001 23:12:25

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Damn! I'm thinking you boys need to be heading to Vegas while your luck is still holding out. Congrats to the 3 of you. Place a bet for me. Semper Fi! Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

opie

Gentlemen I want to extend my congrat on your selection to OCS. You'll have a great time. I just graduated 2 months ago and am waiting to start API this week. I can't wait to continue my training.

But I wanted to make one quick point. You're not quite Officer Candidates. You'll learn more about this when you get to OCS, but get used to the phrase "Indoctrination Candidate".

The best advice I can give you is get in shape now, and keep your head up. You're going to take a lot of crap from a lot of people, remember what your goals are and keep fighting.

Good luck gentlemen, we'll see you in the air!

Dave Shutter

quote:..But I wanted to make one quick point. You're not quite Officer Candidates. You'll learn more about this when you get to OCS, but get used to the phrase "Indoctrination Candidate".

I know. And I damn sure don't truly consider myself a Student naval Aviator either, not until I get issued bags anyway in API (which happens to be the farthest thing from my mind right now) I'm just humoring myself. I haven't even peeked at so much as one of the hundreds of pages of API/Primary gouge I've downloaded, all I'm thinking about is OCS week one!

Good luck in API

(IC) Shutter, 60 days to poopie week.

Jeff29

Science Project
Dave,

Well I guess it's about time I add my congratulations. If anyone deserves this, it's you. With your 27 Oct start date and a little time off at Christmas, I'm guessing that you'll be graduating the first part of February. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other at API.

Assuming that I get selected (the board meets 15 Oct), I will be down there sometime in March or April. We could start an Old Man's Club or something.

Congrats,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.