• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HEY, who spiked my OJ?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

...that's what I was asking out loud early this morning as I took my girlfriend to work. First I saw what looked like a pretty tight Delta formation flying overhead, wierd looking planes, I could swear they were pigs. Then we drove past this rental place that had snow plows and there was this seven foot tall, red, furry guy there waiting for them to open, did he have hooves for feet? I'm about to drop my girl off and my cell phone rings, I answer it and it's my recruiter...well now it all makes sense! I'm still asleep and dreaming, because he's on the phone, calling me, at 0-900 sharp, ON A SATURDAY!Remember these are the same people who work 1/2 days religiously every Friday.

Then he said I was picked up for pilot.

BUT THIS IS ME so there has to one last flaming hoop to jump through and then he gave me the bad news and they have me for OCS on Sept. 20 '01, Good news you say, well that's exactly thirty days BEFORE I'm scheduled to be the best man in my brothers wedding! Matt: if you were listening down in VA you might have heard the DOH I made! And he said nothing about ACES, which I have every intention of attending before I seal my contract by showing up at OCS. He says he'll officially talk to CNRC Monday. Maybe pushing it back to Nov. will be no big deal but he said at this point I may have to re-submit in Oct. for the next FY, but the age waiver reg's may change for next FY! I could use some advice: anyone ever hear of people getting dropped over OCS start date issues?

For my next trick: getting to Primary with my designator intact.

Thanx John, Steve, and Matt for the site, special thanx to Vicki, Jeff, Chief Gus and Shane for all the extra help and many thanx to Frumby and LTCDR. McGarvey for all the advice and insight from your experience, and who can forget Bpikula for that wonderful study guide.

...and now it's time for a name change...

Wish me luck

(OC) Shutter, SNA, ACES/OCS???

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 08/18/2001 12:50:58

nickou23

Hey Dave, congratulations, I think you've gotten through the biggest part. I had to postpone OCS until the end of this summer because my expected graduation date changed. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to studying for my last final. By the way, from what I understood at ACES they have cut back the program somewhat, in that they only do one every couple of months now.

gunnerdd972

Dave,
You don't know how happy I am for you right now. After all of the BS, all of the hoops you had to jump through to get this far (No doubt you have marks on your hips from the hoops!). You now have a part of that brass ring in your hand. As a side note, Chief Gus said I should have an answer by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Keep ya posted.
Again congrats Dave on a being selected!

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Dave Shutter

Shane...what date did you put down as your start date, If I can can mine pushed back then I'm gonna shoot for Nov. I'll miss Turkey day (BTW: get used to missing holidays if you join up, but you knew that already) but will get sent home for X-mas and New Years.

Good luck on your app.

(OC) Shutter, SNA

heehee, I love typing that!

Steven Ruiz

OC (SNA) Shutter,

Congrats!! You make all of us, old men(our age group)and "prior enlisted", proud!!

Good luck in OCS and Keep up all informed about OCS, API.....and flight school!!

Awesome!!!!Cant wait till i have to post that
about myself!!

Steven

Tahoe

Shutter,

Glad to hear things finally worked out!! I'm heading down for OCS first week in October...I would have been down there months ago, but I couldn't get out of a contract I had with the firm I'm working for currently. Oh well, just means the PT won't be as warm or humid!

Just a quick side note for you, I talked with my Rec. about ACES and he said that it's something they only send people who are in college or can't attend OCS for 6+ months out. I'm not so sure about that because if I recall Vicki was able to go down. Maybe that's just a way to keep their overhead down due to the fact they have me signed sealed and ready to move.

-Dave

vicki

Dave - Congrats! You're a hard-charger who has wanted this real bad for a real long time. I am so glad to hear you finally got the green light.

PS - Other Dave (AKA Tahoe) is right, I did ACES two months out from OCS and it's been a while since I've seen college ;-)

gunnerdd972

Dave,
I put my start date Aug 15, 2002. I won't be done with college until next summer. I will walk the stage in May, but I will have one more class to take next summer. Yea, I know all about missing holidays being out to sea for six months you tend to miss alot of them. I have a theory, I think that my app was decided on the same time as yours ( I think they look at the apps in groups, not sure though). However, Chief Gus left on Friday before the E-mail was sent saying that I did or did not have a SNA slot. I hope my theory holds out and I will be woke up by the phone telling me the good news.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Dave,
Congratulations! I hope that I get the opportunity to throw my knee board into the back of your melon some day! Semper Fi!
Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Dave Shutter

quote:...I hope that I get the opportunity to throw my knee board into the back of your melon some day! Semper Fi!

Major, the first thing I'm gonna do after gear iussue at API (God willing) is paint a little bulls-eye on the back of my helmet just for you!

(OC) Shutter SNA, OCS Oct. 27

bpikula

Dave, congratulations! I am really glad to hear that all of your hard work is paying off. I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say best of luck. I will actually be starting OCS Jan 12. I guess your class will probably be Candy O's around that time. Take it easy on my class okay? Oh yeah, keep us posted on how things are going.....Any helpful hints about OCS would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Shutter

Thanx Matt! Maybe we'll run into each other on the Boat someday, If I get there that is. My date is set though, Oct 27, a week after the wedding so I got lucky because it was no big deal. Whew!. It would have been my luck if some reg' meant it was Sept 20 or not at all.

Anyone here going to OCS OCT 27 BTW? I've never heard of a start date on the 27'th, just the 2'nd and 20'th. Maybe there going to give me a mini-ACES and have me start on Nov 2??? My rec' said that even though they haven't been doing the full blown ACES recently due to end of year $$$ and the very thin flow of aviation applicant lately, that some type of pre-OCS screening does take place. I don't care about the tour and all that other stuff, I just want to get my flight physical done beforehand, and the T-34 ride would have been nice. But NOOO, because some bottle-flippin, heart-worm shot giving blonde midget turned student stick jockey had to milk the system for TWO ACES trips they don't have the money left to send me once! Thanx Vicki!

(OC) Shutter SNA, OCS Oct 27

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 08/21/2001 11:41:56

gunnerdd972

I just called my recruiter he said that I was selected for pilot. I would like to thank all of my friends in this fourm that has helped me. Be it answered questions, helpful study guide, or just a pat on the back. Thank you all.
Hope to see you out in the fleet.

GM2(SW)/(OC) Hosehead

Edited by - gunnerdd972 on 08/21/2001 17:46:06

Status
Not open for further replies.