• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
See? Even if TACAMO wasn't your dream platform, it still beats a kick in the junk. Or SWO, which is the same thing.

Glad to hear the Commodore gave you another shot.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
SUCCESS!!

Strong work brother. Like was said multiple times, we've all hit speed bumps/brick walls in training.

As one of my favorite quotes goes:

"A man's success is not measured by his ability to avoid failure, but rather by his ability to overcome it."

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
For posterity, where were your rollback options?

Also, keep on keepin' on - it's not over 'til you get those wings.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Question

I still belong to the wing and my pipeline change packet has been submitted up the chain for review. Now the issue is whether or not the E-6 FRS will have me. If not, I re-des. But I have been given the shot, which is all I could hope to ask for anyway.

Does the FRS have the option of rejecting an incoming winged Officer in a case like this? I served for 5 years as an FRS (RAG) IP on both coasts. Never heard of an incoming RP being rejected sight-unseen, due to TRACOM problems. Maybe things have changed?:confused:
BzB

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it's kinda handled as a gentleman's agreement at the Commodore level. "Bob? This is Joe. Listen, I've got this kid..."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I think it's kinda handled as a gentleman's agreement at the Commodore level. "Bob? This is Joe. Listen, I've got this kid..."
ALWAYS ... I don't know if that's what went down in this instance, but that's been the case in my experience, both written, face-to-face, and phonecon. And in my opinion, that's what 'good' heavies do ... keep the potentially 'messy' or 'less than sterling' stuff in-house.

Bonne courage, FTW ... that does stand for Fort Worth, yea-as ??? :)

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know this happens occasionally on the pilot side (ie a guy went tailhook, couldn't land at the boat, sent P-3s), but how often does this happen for FOs since it's not really a monkey skills issue?

In the end, congrats dude. I hope it all works out and you enjoy TACAMO. For those who've been here awhile yall might remember my obscenely convoluted story about my adventures with medical waivers and how by God's grace alone I managed to waive the unwaivable to get into ROTC and eventually my commission. This is just another example in the military of how it's not over until you've literally exhausted every available avenue/loophole/reg that can work in your favor.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Does the FRS have the option of rejecting an incoming winged Officer in a case like this? I served for 5 years as an FRS (RAG) IP on both coasts. Never heard of an incoming RP being rejected sight-unseen, due to TRACOM problems. Maybe things have changed?:confused:
BzB

SNFO's correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NFOs are winged until completion of the FRS (except strike ECMOs and WSOs).

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SNFO's correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think NFOs are winged until completion of the FRS (except strike ECMOs and WSOs).

Kinda for the P-3 types. After you wing you have about 2.5 more months in the FRS for the VP people, one month for the VQ guys.