• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help

NavyFTW

Haha, well originally it was an expression of enthusiasm for riding planes off of a carrier. I guess now it's hopeful thinking? I should be seeing the commodore within the next few days, I will definitely post when I know more.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Courage-Wolf-WHEN-THE-FAT-LADY-SINGS-BITE-THAT-BITCH-IN-THE-KNEECAP_1_.jpg

USMCFLYR

pilot
NavyFTW -

Best of luck to you. What you are going through is NOT the end of the line. I've seen numerous people go all the way to the top and come back down and still finish whatever training they were in at the time. Some have continued on to be successful and some ended up failing in the end despite the second or third chances given. I'm sorry to say - but this business isn't for everyone. You should always have a backup plan. Numerous things could happen outside of training that could disqualify you for further aviation service. One of my RAG classmates made it all the way to his first week in the fleet until he found out that he had a medical condition which rendered him NPQ. Another friend was kicking butt in flight school right up until the time that he tried landing on the boat. He ended up in military police and then after one successful tour, got out and was hired on with the FBI.
I myself was disqualified 7 times from the AFROTC program but as others here have said - didn't give up. At OCS in-processing they again tried to DQ me for the two knee surgeries that I had had in high school and college. A Navy LT eventually gave me that chance to fail or succeed. and that was all I needed.

If you want it NavyFTW, don't give up. Simple as that. If you don't make it for whatever reason, then it wasn't meant to be.

USMCFLYR

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How about focusing on comments that help FTW. If not, we're going to lock the thread. If you have issues with each other's post, please take advantage of the PM feature. if you want world to know, then use Visitor comments, but leave this thread for FTW-centric posts.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
FTW,

Hang in there. It aint over till the Commodore says it is. My wife is in the pipeline and from what I have heard it is not uncommon to get your ass thrown around in that program. If your jacket doesn't look like a christmas tree you are supposedly God.

As for the instructor that told you to look elsewhere....again "Fuck That Guy." From what I have experienced being a family member in that pipeline I can tell you that in one of those squadrons the climate is piss poor dogshit and API Studs/ and MIDN are treated more like adults than their studs. Again hang in there and fight for what you want. It will be an uphill battle and it will take your every effort so keep prepping and stay motivated!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
My comment "FUCK THAT GUY" was directed at the instructor who advised NavyFTW to start looking in to other career choices weeks prior to his still pending final board w/ the Commodore. I thought that amounted to either giving up prematurely or fostering a defeated mental attitude. Obviously, I didn't think that was good advice. That and that alone was my issue with the instructor.

I have no problems w/ instructors giving out SODs/Pink sheets or belows/2s where it is warranted. I think the IP's judgement is enough when it comes to what goes on the gradesheets. They simply grade to the standard. I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't believe I have said otherwise.

You posted that instructors should be honest with the guy as a sort of juxtaposition against my response, which seemed like a defense of said instructor's "seek other options" advice. That was my problem and why it sounded like you were endorsing that advice.
Did you read heyjoe's post?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I know nothing about the 'system' in place today ... and I don't know anything about the specifics of the situation, but --- there are some basics, some constants that worked a long time ago and can still work ...

FTW: I know not what an 'adviser' is, but I know what a CO is ... and you say he recommended attrition for you ...

Were it me ... I'd request a meeting w/ the CO -- ASAP -- to see SPECIFICALLY WHY he said 'attrite' ... and see if you can't change his mind w/ your knowledge and determination. His input is crucial to whether or not you survive in the training program.
If he says 'gone' ... you're probably gone. If he says 'keep' ... you've probably got another chance.

Wishin' & hopin' & waitin' doesn't get it done.

Action does ... maybe.

NavyFTW

Ok, tomorrow is the big day.

A4s- Honestly I thought about going to the CO a few times. On the one hand I felt like he could tell me to my face if he wanted to axe me, but on the other, he's the CO and I'm an ensign. That, and I read the letter he wrote in my packet, he didn't say anything that was untrue or unfair. He gave me a few extra shots in-house and I still ended up with this meeting tomorrow.

That said, I think the whole thing about the instructor offering advice to look elsewhere may have been misinterpreted a bit? There's really no accounting for a lack of vocal tone on the internet. He was (and is) well intentioned and frank. He was one of the people that gave me a pink sheet and I still went to find him later for advice. The system works, I'm being owned by it now and I still think it works. If I stay, I stay and kick ass, if I don't, hey, I have a plan for ass kicking in other places. Everyone wins.

NavyFTW

SUCCESS!!

Showed up in whites ready to rock, had every possible number memorized. He asked me what my issues were in training, I explained my delayed comprehension issues as well as a lack of natural talent for math. He went through my rollback options (which I didn't know were on the table) and offered me E-6's with his endorsement and I jumped all over it.

SO,

I still belong to the wing and my pipeline change packet has been submitted up the chain for review. Now the issue is whether or not the E-6 FRS will have me. If not, I re-des. But I have been given the shot, which is all I could hope to ask for anyway.

Thanks to everyone for the support and swift-kicks where needed. You're all the reasons I wanted to stay in the community.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Congratulations! Hopefuly their FRS will take you and everything will be squared away! I'm really impressed with your perseverence. Sets a great example to those of us that are still months and months away from Pensacola. Again, congrats!