• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help with TBS date

Hey. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any way or with whom to talk to see if I could get into a sooner TBS date. I'm getting commissioned on 11 March and my TBS date is scheduled for 31 Aug. Thats about 5 1/2 months away. There is a class in April and one in June. I graduated early so that I could go to TBS early and get my career rolling and now I'm stuck waiting for a TBS slot that is far off in the future. If anyone could help me get some information that would be greatly appreciated. I don't believe my OSO can do anything about it at this point.

Semper Fi,
Lcpl USMC

Raptor2216

The best person to talk to would be your OSO. In fact, that is about the only person who can make something happen in regards to your TBS date. I was told way back in october that I would be starting TBS in april with C. co and here I am, picking up with charlie on april 6th.

There is always a chance that you might get pushed up and get to start a little but earlier but that's more a luck of the draw than anything else. If you are an air contract, try to do IFS prior to TBS. I can tell you that IFS is a grand old time here and i'm glad that i'm here being paid to fly and sit on my ass than to be back home sitting on my ass wishing I was flying watching the bank account slowly hit the empty mark.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Unfortunately there is not much you can do to move up the date, you can always ask and request to do IFS before TBS but if you aren't already slotted for it then there isn't much chance...

Best of luck...

shimbo

I am also getting commissioned this weekend, supposedly...I requested this date months ago and my OSO is still waiting for the documents to get back from VA to confirm this. In addition, I don't even know when I will be reporting to TBS. I requested April, but the chances of that happening look slim.

EDIT:

Just got a call from the OSO, looks like my commissioning is getting pushed back another month. He says that the Marine down at MCRD is backed up like whoa with RFA's and that every application is getting pushed back. I don't know if he was just feeding me another excuse, but looks like TBS in april is outta the question, heck I might not even be able to go to the summer TBS classes. Talk about frustrating.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
shimbo said:
I am also getting commissioned this weekend, supposedly...I requested this date months ago and my OSO is still waiting for the documents to get back from VA to confirm this. In addition, I don't even know when I will be reporting to TBS. I requested April, but the chances of that happening look slim.

EDIT:

Just got a call from the OSO, looks like my commissioning is getting pushed back another month. He says that the Marine down at MCRD is backed up like whoa with RFA's and that every application is getting pushed back. I don't know if he was just feeding me another excuse, but looks like TBS in april is outta the question, heck I might not even be able to go to the summer TBS classes. Talk about frustrating.

Dude, seriously if I was you I wouldn't be expecting anything until fall at the earliest...TBS is a little backed up...