• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help from my Senior Brothers

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Men, sorry to hear that. Getting a flight slot at TBS is always like that. It is just better to show up to TBS with your slot.

So what have I been competing for this whole time? Man! they don't tell us anything! heh :icon_smil

Clux4

Banned
It just seems to me that no one cares too much about the few guys trying to get air contracts at TBS. For one, you have to schedule your own physical and pray your company rep remembers to tell you before heading off to remedial Land Navigation on Saturday morning. It sucks even more when all your company staff is nothing but Combat Arms guys that could care less about you getting an air slot. Ultimately if your XO is worth anything him/her should get everyone together and let you know what needs to happen.
As compared to a guy that went through an OSO. These guys put packages in all the time and know what boxes need to be checked, where the forms need to go at Pensacola. At the end of the day, it appears you are just at the mercy of the company staff.
I am not trying to discourage you here.Your mileage might be different.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It just seems to me that no one cares too much about the few guys trying to get air contracts at TBS. For one, you have to schedule your own physical and pray your company rep remembers to tell you before heading off to remedial Land Navigation on Saturday morning.

Don't be that guy and there will be a few. It's the one thing I thanked being a Boy Scout for; orienteering/reading a map and being comfortable with a compass (knew right away to go buy my own decent compass). Don't be a "GPS cripple" (I can just see new generation of 2/Lts who grow up with GPS in their cars/hands).

It sucks even more when all your company staff is nothing but Combat Arms guys that could care less about you getting an air slot.

They have much more important things to do....like uniform inspections.

As compared to a guy that went through an OSO. These guys put packages in all the time and know what boxes need to be checked, where the forms need to go at Pensacola. At the end of the day, it appears you are just at the mercy of the company staff.

who have more important things to do....like...uh...uniform inspections. All kidding aside, good points, an OSO's job is to recruit officers and get their packages through the Kabuki dance. The Company Staff at TBS is supposed to get you through the curriculum and the individual staff tend to look out for their Combat Arm. We only had one aviator and you could tell he only wanted to get back to the cockpit. Pretty much had to bring and maintain your own motivation for aviation while paying attention to learn the tools of the trade as an officer of Marines (never know when you might need it);).

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Well I found out a lot, and I am cool with the results......Basically too old as per ASM....didnt want to issue a waiver post BOC.....kinda like saying here ya go, CG, we already have given this Marine a MOS, all we need from you is the waiver....since I never signed the contract, none never existed.

I am pumped, I got tanks.......My number one....

So from the Grunts to Tanks....I'm Happy.

NICE!! If you run into a Lt Tucker when you get your platoon, tell him Austin says shave your head.

Congrats!