• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help from my Senior Brothers

MUSTANG0369

Gentlemen,

Need some help from some more experienced guys from the aviation community. I have been watching from the sidelines for a while to understand my hopeful new life.......Well things have changed.

Prior Infantry guy, 12+ years in and competed for an air contract at TBS......got it, and life is good right?????

Well 2 hours and 36 minutes before graduation, which was today, I was informed that I am no longer eligible for an Air contract due to my age. I am now going to Mike on Wed to find out my job......Does anyone have any info where I can research the requirements for my loss of contract...

Do I even have a case?

With my experience I know the implications and procedures of the request mast process, should I load that silver bullet?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

I am 30 now, 29 and 3 months when commissioned........

If you have any questions other than those I would gladly answer them......thanks in advance....

Sorry if I seem scatterbrained, I just have a whirlwind of anger, questions, and disbelief.

Andy

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most everything is waiverable. I am going to assume you did fairly well at TBS and probably have at least a few Instrucors (SPC Company CO etc)) who might go to bat for you. I do know of many prior guys who were close to if not equal to your age. You earned it start calling in some help and writing some requests. Request Mast might work but the waiver process should be the first try.
Good luck

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ask for a waiver....if they won't grant it for Pilot, they should grant it for NFO. Good luck.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Waldo

Harrier Bubba
pilot
Andy,

I don't know what the age limit is but request a waiver. It's worth the effort.

Best Regards,
Waldo

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Andy,

I don't know what the age limit is but request a waiver. It's worth the effort.

Best Regards,
Waldo

...and don't let 'em make you think you have to take orders to "Motor T" on the rock while you are awaiting disposition.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
My impression is that Senior Marines go to bat for deserving folks. Talk to senior Marine aviators even if it means driving to Cherry Point. Find the rules and then get a LOR. Worst case, I put you in touch with the Senior Marine down here and you discuss, but it's best if you have an aviator that you meet personnaly and can advocate for you.
Like EA6Bflyr said, we can't get enough SNFO/SWSO's right now.
Good luck.

MUSTANG0369

Well I found out a lot, and I am cool with the results......Basically too old as per ASM....didnt want to issue a waiver post BOC.....kinda like saying here ya go, CG, we already have given this Marine a MOS, all we need from you is the waiver....since I never signed the contract, none never existed.

I am pumped, I got tanks.......My number one....

So from the Grunts to Tanks....I'm Happy.

MUSTANG0369

Its ok,

I know that squids don't actually have brains, so I expect nothing less......wouldn't want you burning out the few hundreds of neurons you have for brains all at once.

ASM = manpower and support branch of the Commandant's office
BOC = Basic Officer's Course....or TBS
CG = Commanding General
MOS = Military Occupational Specialty

And of course tanks are the things with tracks that go boom....

Hopefully this will help.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats on your Tank selection. Have fun "flying" tanks! :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

jfulginiti

pilot
None
For what it's worth, age can be waived. There is an IP at VT-6 right now who didn't join the Corps until he was 30. OCS+TBS+API+Primary+Advanced+FRS+Fleet+back to VT land=37+ years old

MUSTANG0369

Yeah, the waivers exist, but the problem is not the waiver....it is that TBS gave the MOS before the waiver was granted.

Kinda like saying to the bank, hey I am living in this house.....mind giving me a loan.....

In any case I am still on the ground.

Thanks for actually contributing to this thread.

smulet

For what it's worth, age can be waived. There is an IP at VT-6 right now who didn't join the Corps until he was 30. OCS+TBS+API+Primary+Advanced+FRS+Fleet+back to VT land=37+ years old
This is very nice to know... as I am a 28- (soon to be 29-) year-old female trying to get flight.

Clux4

Banned
Men, sorry to hear that. Getting a flight slot at TBS is always like that. It is just better to show up to TBS with your slot.