• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Helicopter Movie Cliches

KBayDog

gatordev said:
@Kbay... I don't know what to tell you. I don't know how you're going to be able to study for HAC and watch all those movies on cruise. You might as well DOR now.

Are the DOR and TTO policies in effect on AW, too? :D

BTW, I've already got a plan for that - I'll just make sure that my boat crosses east over the date line whenever I feel I need an extra day of preparation for an eval.

(Or an extra day to catch up on "24" ;) )

phrogpilot73

KBayDog said:
In that case, you've got to check out Rules of Engagement. They have these magical aircraft that are Phrogs when they load the Marines and depart the boat, but then mysteriously transform into Chinooks enroute and at the LZ.

Friggin' amazing.
Don't forget the UH-1n'S that turn into single engine hueys somewhere between the boat and the beach. At least they got the markings somewhat right... West coast HMM for an East Coast MEU?!?

As for Heartbreak Ridge, I forgot about that one... Haven't seen it in a while.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogpilot73 said:
As for Heartbreak Ridge, I forgot about that one... Haven't seen it in a while.

What a horrible movie. What was Eastwood thinking?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Charlie don't surf

charliedontsurf.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot
Wedge said:
I love the Helos in the "Charlie don't surf" scene in Apocalypse now.

Easily one of the greatest movie appearances by helos ever.

Even has a tiny appearance of R. Lee Ermey as one of the little bird drivers.

"earned yourself a case of beer for that one"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
What a horrible movie. What was Eastwood thinking?

Mario Van Peebles and the obligatory military/homoerotic bathroom scene not withstanding, I disagree.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gatordev said:
Mario Van Peebles and the obligatory military/homoerotic bathroom scene not withstanding, I disagree.
Concur, Eastwood is among my favorites and while he has made some questionable movies (anything with that orangutan), his character in HR is pure Clint.

Brett

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Concur, Eastwood is among my favorites and while he has made some questionable movies (anything with that orangutan), his character in HR is pure Clint.

Brett
Yea, that Bridges of Madison County was a great flick!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:

Brett

Oh, his character is great, but the movie is pure shite.

Lawman

None
Fly Navy said:
Oh, his character is great, but the movie is pure shite.

Which week of TBS do they teach you how to charge a machine gun position using a Bulldozer?

And what % get Bulldozers?