• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Headed to Dine-Out June 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberly

Alright... the suspense is just too much! We need to hear all about it and see all the pictures of everyone looking all beautiful!! Hurry, someone tell us how it went!

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
Just got back into town a couple of hours ago. The DO was, like Cate said, nice. It was very long and drawn out. A LOT of alcohol was consumed. It was mainly a training session with a lesson in tradition, but there was a lot of humor.
The BEST thing of all was seeing all of the guys in their uniforms (and mine out of uniform :icon_wink )!!! They were all so proud and seemed to be very excited over the occasion.
Some women wore full length formal gowns but for the most part cocktail dresses were worn.

I haven't found my digital camera yet but I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Megan

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
ET1sWife said:
I haven't found my digital camera yet but I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Megan

Megan~
We're all so excited about seeing the pictures!!! :)

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Alas, I was forced to resort to actual film this time, so pictures might take a while.

But everyone seemed to enjoy themselves (some more than others, as blood alcohol levels rose). I think the DO was pretty representative of the Navy itself - very formal, very respectful of tradition and of those who have gone before, but definitely not without a sense of humor.

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
Okay, here are some photos. My husband is going to kill me for posting his photo here but oh well!!!

Sorry, I'm having a hard time attaching the photos. I will work on it and hopefully get them posted soon.

Alyssa

The DO was so much fun. The best part of the evening was when they "paraded the beef" to the Mess President. Instead of beef, there was a Wendy's bag on the platter! (Hehe, where's the beef?) The Mess President delegated the tasting to the Vice, and when he opened the bag, there was chicken inside! It was pretty hilarious.

ET1sWife

Twidget's Wife
I tried to download the pictures but the website wouldn't take them. My husband (twidget) says that the new site may not allow me to. Sorry, I tried.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
ET1sWife said:
I tried to download the pictures but the website wouldn't take them. My husband (twidget) says that the new site may not allow me to. Sorry, I tried.

Awww, that's too bad! There's a site www.fotki.com that will allow you to create a new account for free. I know they limit the space that free accounts get, but maybe it would still be enough space to put up those pics. :) Then you could just link the address.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Oh, your pictures came out so much better than mine. You had a much better seat; my pictures are nothing but heads. Except for the one of me and Himself; that one, of course, was pure poetry.

kimberly

Those were great pics! And worth waiting for! Thank you for sharing! I certainly have something to look forward to! :icon_mi_1

PolyDolly

SNA Girlfriend
Megan,

Thank you so much for posting those pictures! My pictures of Drew carrying the "beef" and getting killed were so dark because I was too far away. I saved a bunch of them to my computer so I can add them to my scrapbook.

Erin

Status
Not open for further replies.