• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hawkeyes!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So is all of Naval Aviation pretty much a male sports team in a locker room goofing around?
Goofing around?? Locker room?? Where HAVE you been growing up all these years ??? *sigh* ... I guess that's what this website is for --- answering questions such as this ...

Goofing/locker: I doubt it ... it's more like how we take the pressure off ourselves -- pressure that comes from our high-stress jobs and is inherent in the stuff we do ... on a regular basis. If you're flying --- a daily basis.

And it's a way to keep your sanity when friends die ...

Carno

Insane
I appreciate all the helps with the "flaps and stuff" guys. Not only were ALL of my questions answered but I was able to realize the importance of clean underwear, showering and Gold Bond.

A little research would have answered your questions too :icon_grin

Pags

N/A
pilot
i know of at least one Sierra pilot whose a$$ was the subject of a hazrep. apparently new cushions are coming for the Sierra sometime this FY.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
What better way to get the answer than from the aircraft's actual pilots? That and it is the easiest...

I didn't mean anything harsh to all you pilots and nfos. It was merely a little friendly jab.

MasterBates

i know of at least one Sierra pilot whose a$$ was the subject of a hazrep. apparently new cushions are coming for the Sierra sometime this FY.

WTF? We have been *****ing about the seats for years.

You have a NEW helo and you are *****ing about seats?

Barring the few H3's left, we have the oldest Helo now.

wiseguy04

The Dude abides....
pilot
E-2C series

I noticed a few different versions of the E-2C currently in use. Does anyone know which one students are training on at the RAG right now? Or all of them perhaps? I'll be off to the RAG in a couple of months, and was just curious. Thanks

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Rag students get a series qual....meaning when you leave the rag you will be able to fly any E-2 in the fleet. They have a couple of each variant on the line, so you could fly the HE2k today and the Nav upgrade tomorrow.

Not really any major differences, so my E-2 buddies tell me, an EP or two may change from version to version, but the vast majority of differences apply to the tube rats. :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
There are no more group ones which I believe was the E-2C. I never flew the E-2 but there not much difference in the cockpit, if any at all, between the Hawkeye 2000 and the standard E-2C. Not sure if the FRS has any 8 bladed prop E-2's. Might have some now, it has been 3 years since I was an instructor there.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
The RAG flies E-2C CAINS/ HARS, E-2C+ Nav Upgrade (INS), Hawkeye 2000s, and the Franken-Hummer (Basically Nav Upgrade guts, but 2000 interface for us tube guys). Flying the CAINS/HARS would probably be the biggest difference for the single anchor guys. But Pcola is right, the difference really only applies to us in the back. We get series qualed as well. :D

BTW, did see a four bladed E-2 on the line this morning, reserves still use them.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The Frankinhummer or whatever, isn't it the E-2T birds? All E-2's are eight blade now? The C-2's are getting them soon (soon in the Navy could be years).

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
The Frankinhummer or whatever, isn't it the E-2T birds? All E-2's are eight blade now? The C-2's are getting them soon (soon in the Navy could be years).

All E-2's at the RAG are 8 blade...I know at least one AD squadron is four blade, we had a guy get orders to it about two boats ago.