• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Have a question for a USN fighter pilot?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll cut statesman some slack. He knows his place. Bevo introduced me to him. He said "Oh, you are FlyBoyd" as he handed me a beer. Good enough for me.

He hasn't bought me a beer yet!! I'm just messin a bit.

This guys sounds legit enough and sometimes, you have to be real basic so folks can understand. Get technical with quals, manuevers, whatever and people don't understand or don't really care enough.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
This is an old stud of mine... last dude to get S-3's out of VT-7.... he will never, ever, ever, ever, ever live this down... will read the whole thread and mertalize him on FB. Gay meter pegged.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
out of curiosity to the OP, how did you come across that thread?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
MIDN Jack had a question for a real USN fighter pilot.... so he google searched it...

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
OP's link doesn't exist anymore... Did someone call the dude out?

Well that's about it then.

I guess he came here and read this and/or received some heat from others so he had it pulled down. I identified his onwing and was in the process of seeing if I flew with him at last contact on that thread. IMO, it just confirms that he knew what he was doing was kinda toolish and he is looking to avoid explaining himself.

Back to the regularly scheduled program...

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I think he has found deeeeeeep shelter, questioned me as to his "douche status", green. Tough but valuable lesson... use the moniker "fighter pilot" in self adoring identification, exponentially if not asymtotically magnify douche-ness.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think it's any secret that once AirWarriors knows your business all of Naval Aviation knows your business...

I nominate that for the AW Hard Sayings Log (orfor somebody's signature, preferrably a victim like Otto)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
.....questioned me as to his "douche status", green.

He didn't realize he's up there with the Senior Ensign (in API) email?

.....Tough but valuable lesson... use the moniker "fighter pilot" in self adoring identification, exponentially if not asymtotically magnify douche-ness.

Especially when you are a Strike Fighter pilot after all

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wow, sad. I didn't mean to poo on his show, I just thought it was amusing. Sounds like maybe some others did too :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I nominate that for the AW Hard Sayings Log (orfor somebody's signature, preferrably a victim like Otto)

I have had people who I'm pretty sure don't post on the board ask if I'm Phrogdriver.

Those who disparage AW...well, obviously if you're on it enough to mock it, you're part of the AW crowd without even realizing it!