• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkansastrumpet

LOL ... I didn't mean they were pulling the F-14s out of commission immediately. Sheesh. Look what I've started ;)

I did ask, though, and the papers were signed to eventually take the F-14s out of commission. So there we have it.

All I know is that growing up, I thought the Tomcats were the coolest plane ever. Period. I had picture of them posted all over my walls.

My parents should've know then that I was always going to Navy. LOL

I think it's still somewhat of a shock to my family that I'm doing the military "thing."

And yet, I've known since I was 13 that this is what I wanted to do! Maybe they were hoping I'd grow out of it. LOL

Anyone else get any resistance when announcing they were going Navy?

GatorNFO

SNFO in Primary
Trumpet, My wife and I built a model airplane of a Hornet and gave it to my parents as the way of telling them I was pursueing a career in the Navy. We worked an unbelievable amount of hours of this thing making sure all the paints and details were exact. Even used the finest horsehair brush we could find. Needless to say we took great pride in the finished product. My dad was friggin stoked when we gave it to them and told them the news, however my mom....she stomped on the plane and demolished it. The pilots arm even came unglued in the beating. She's doing better now though!

botman

pretty new to the site. i found out about a month ago that i got selected for pilot training. im done with rotc on dec 19 and am just awaiting my orders.

TBag463

New to the site. Love it though. I found out in October that I was accepted into the BDCP with a pilot designator. I will report for OCS around summer '05. Anyone else get news recently?

fraz76

Congrats guys......But I am still waiting for my results on the board...Got pro rec in Jul....didnt get my complete fin docs to CNRC till Oct 9 and still havent heard anything.
Choices 1) BDCP-NFO 2)BDCP-INTEL 2)NFO: for 2005. And this is driving nuts.

Is there a different board for BDCP candidates?

BYPASS

Okay, someone set me straight here. I've heard that even though both the academy and the ROTC students both come out as commissioned officers, it's the ROTC guys that end up with the slots they want because their graduation time is a little earlier than the academies. Is this true?

medictroy

Greetings to all.

I am curious when the next board will be meeting. Someone said there was a closing of NFO? What about Intel...are there still slots for Intel?
About how long should it be before I hear back on the selection? My recruiter submitted my package around the end of October. I have a BS in Aerospace, Masters in Criminal Justice, also have prior enlisted service in the Army ranger batt.

bbennett73

Pro Rec'd today for Intel, my first choice (not BDCP, I graduated and worked a few years before deciding on the Navy)! Submitted application on Oct. 6th. I'll post my stats here and at the stats and numbers forum as a point of reference. Stage 1 complete, now more waiting for final selection.

OAR-57
other composites: 8's and 9's (except BI--4)
degree: music
GPA: 3.495
Recommendations: 4 letters from former bosses, non-military
good work experience
lived abroad for 1 yr.
no foreign language skills worth listing on the app.

josejimmenez

Selected for SNFO
Hey fellas, I just got passed over on the first try for SNA and NFO, My recruiter wants me to test again.
banghead_125.gif
. Semper Gumbi!

Steifel

Anyone know what the height requirements are for pilot in any of the branches? I just want to fly jets but I'm told that 6'2" might be to tall...thanx for any info...

BYPASS

Steifel- From what I've heard, it depends on what you want to fly. There are 6'2" pilots, but I couldn't tell you exactly what types of jets they're flying.
I'm 6'1" (hopefully finished growing at this point, but I think I've already shot up another inch this year) and going Navy. You can always go for NFO if your height is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.