• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Harriers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by splendid_splinter
maybe it's just the impression i get, but it seems that everything the p-3 guys brag about, like the cot in the back and the non-ship duty, seem to be contradictory to my ideals of naval aviation.

He said "rack" not "cot," son. It doesn't get more naval than that.

Grandmaster 235

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey, I was sitting on an LHD off Kosovo in '99 and in the Arabian Sea last winter. I saw the reports of radar illuminations. THe first couple days, a fair number of contacts, then virtually none after that. A lot of missiles fired blind, attempting illum after launch (in Kosovo, not Afghanistan--those guys had like, three radars spliced together MacGyver-style from Russian TV sets or something). I don't doubt a lot of HARM were shot. I just think their value is primarily deterrance, not actual destruction.

Phrogs phorever

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
grndmstr, i know navy-speak, pops. what makes a damn dirty ole bed in the back of a plane so naval? what are you doing over here anyway? you should get your tubby butt back over with the nasty squids now...

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
It's all Department of the Navy, kid...
icon_smile_wink.gif

Grandmaster 235

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
uh jarhead. have you flown a hornet? have you shot a missile.? ok.

sure you're there, but don't start talking about it til you've done it. and, all these others are grasping for anything to convince us that their mission and airframe don't suck. you, however, need not say a thing. not a word.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along..."

Christ, a lot of trash being thrown around here.

Until you've got a C.A.R. or an Air Medal(or several) to back it up, don't give me the "ooh-rah, my platform kicks ass, I'm bad 'cause I'll fly it in the real world someday, too" crap.

Yeah, I know you can land your airframe on a rowboat at 150 KIAS and fly 10' at mach 4. If you want to trade stories about how bad you are, realize there are people reading this board who really have "been there, done that," and that you llod like a dumb-ass talking that way.

Phrogs phorever

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
thats "look" like a dumbass. Those DTs finally catching up to me.

Phrogs phorever

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
i was being sarcastic as well...

the f-18 and it's mission is the top of the line.. all the other airframes and their missions would be ok to get, and i'm sure i would grow fond of them and find reasons to boast about them, but they wouldn't be the premier seat. and what i was saying was, that everybody on here knows that. you don't even have to mention the **** you're gonna get to do and everybody else already lost the argument...

Jack

I'm still trying to figure out what it was that Jarhead wrote that was so inflamatory or arragont. I reread the thread and can't find anything. Hmmm, strange.

phrogdriver

pilot
Super Moderator
I probably went a bit off the deep end there. I read the thread right before I had to leave for a party and got a little fed up with the bickering that's taken this thread about as far off the original question as you can get. What was the question anyway?

I'm just saying that it looks like the blind men are feeling the elephant and saying "this rope is better than the tree you're holding." It's all flying, and it's all good.

Phrogs phorever

Status
Not open for further replies.