• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Harriers on LPD

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett, squadron CO should be more liberal I think, since there's XO for dumb fucking black and white view of life. You're moderator here, so check my IP-address. It is either BY or UA. Repeat, my main passport is Belarussian. Want me to scan it and show you as well as to everyone? It's easy to do. Otherwise it all would be as in short story about Spielberg and Iceberg: if someone refuses to switch his\her brain on, it is pretty easy to explain everything by plain feelings. Yes I sometimes visit Moscow pursuing business interests but you as American cannot blame one for that since the business interests as such is something USA were built on. Or, if you'd were service academy grad, you might say no, there were much more basics for USA to exist, but you are not Canoe U man.

All in all, forgive me please for not being American or German or Italian or, eventually (I mean that), Saudi - since they all are your friends. Sometimes the person you hate could say much more useful things than person who depends on you. Not me personally, but generally. Your naval pschychologist with same sleeve strips you wear will say that at any time.
Oh, well why didn’t you say so in the first place. All good then, carry on. :rolleyes:

BigRed389

None
Oh, well why didn’t you say so in the first place. All good then, carry on. :rolleyes:

Why not just ban him if it’s such a concern?

I’m not defending his obnoxious posts, but Naval officer forums are already almost certainly OSINT collection targets, whether or not the “other side” is actively posting or not. If anything I’d argue we probably blab more freely when the discussion participants are US only. I’m sure they love reading about how broken Marine jet aviation readiness was or how flight hours dropped, how broke ships in the Fleet are, and how many hours our sailors waste on stupid Big Navy administrivia.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
I’m not defending his obnoxious posts

Hard to see here any logic. If the posts are obnoxious how they can harm except for the danger to blow up and die from the laugh? If they are dangerous from any other point, what is the reason to defend them? Lastly, if I am so unwelcomed here - say I'm a spy or dumb fucker pretending to be a spy - and my posts are obnoxious, then how stupid am I to hope to be effective in this role? How then can I harm USN or its military? And the latest one: if some US agency via this forum uses my computers and phones to gain access to some sensitive info within CIS/BY/UA/RU - you're welcome, at hightest degree, do what you want, I'm not playing patriot games and don't defend any government since I'm agnostic and I like hard rock, and totally concur with late Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister in that "any government creates much more problems than solves existed ones". There's an undefeatable point in any idealist: his main idea may live independable from space and time, and my main idea is to investigate how the different navies feel, think, grow and survive within their own respective societies, and which way for them is the best for the moment, that's all. And I'm sure that if some government "jailed" its military within and cuts any cultural flows from it, sooner or later this military will resemble the military of North Korea or Iran: big, rigid, pretty ineffective and totally ignorant - thus, dangerous for this same government. To live the military life and to pursue the military career is, sad but true, the way rather incompatible with personal intellectual efforst, and screening the military people from cultural influence from without is the slow but proven way to prepare the coup.

Ok, to the subject: since no one of my questions had induced so hard opposition, what I have to think? That this is sensitive and some plans to deploy AV-8Bs and probably F-35Bs on small combattants exist and, moreover, are important. If I were that fucking spy, I'd get that this way. But I'm not, so please explain me what the people who really tested the airplane totally ineffective in some way of using - this time Harrier on small decks - could say to convince the Marine and Navy top brass in opposite, enough to continue?

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Ha, as if you believed me from the start. There's big difference between us two Brett. I'm retired, you active. I walked in shoes similar to yours, so it is simplier for me to inderstand you. Note I wrote nothing about difference in IQ, it doesn't matter, at least for now

Geez. I was curious about this too, now I just want to stick my head in the sand and pretend I never saw the thread...

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I don’t think I’m divulging any secrets to say that harriers in an LPD is fucking pointless, except as an emergency divert option
It's the logical corollary of the MAGTF concept.... I present to you (dramatic drumroll) the mini-MEU! (Sales pitch) according to doctrine it's self-sustaining for 1-2 days.

(comic rimshot)

Would you like to see the backup slides?

(crickets)

Next up- deploying the navalized A-10 on an LHA/LPH.

:D