• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guys Who Reported to API Already IFS Complete

Taildragger

API-bound!
Alright, to all you guys out there who reported to A-pool in the past year since they started doing IFS only in the Pensacola area, what is the wait like for guys who report IFS complete already? I do not have to do IFS when I report to A-pool, but I have never gotten good gouge on how long it usually takes to class up for API for guys who do not have to do IFS. What is it lookin like?

Also, what are the best stash jobs down there right now? I hear lifeguard is pretty awesome.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The wait has been as little as a week to two weeks for guys who don't need IFS. A lot of the ROTC and OCS guys are starting to finish up the first wave of IFS so they'll be in the pipeline for classing up so the wait is definitely going to start increasing. My best guess now is a month.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I didn't have to, and though I don't play this A-Pool game you're talking about because im a Marine, the 3 weeks I waited consisted of off shore fishing, drinking, dodging hurricanes, and sitting on my a$$, not necessarily in that order. BTW, if you want a stash job, your gay, never volunteer for anything and skip out when nobody's looking.

tlord82

pilot
BTW, if you want a stash job, your gay, never volunteer for anything and skip out when nobody's looking.

Great attitude. Guess the mantra is now Lead, Follow, or "Skip out when nobody's looking." No surprise which one you're choosing.

S3b_viking

If you're IFS complete you'll probably start up as soon as you can get signed up for the NOMI physical. The problem is, that relies on Student Control and they go by who reported first. On average it's been about a month, including IFS complete NFO's.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I didn't mean "skip out when nobody's looking" as in skip out of your job while you're doing it, I'm meaning, the way we used to do it, we showed up for muster, and everybody knew that if you hung around and bs'd with your boys, somebody always said "hey, we need 3 bodies". I'm teaching the youngins not to be the guy that raises his hand.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
And when they ask for volunteers, try to hide in the back. Or hope your last name doesnt start with an "A"

tiger84

LT
pilot
It seems like recently they've been pushing IF complete people through pretty quickly. I just finished IFS and it looks like I'll be classing up Friday so as long as all the other things are done the wait should be fairly short.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
And once you show up, kick someone's ass the first day or you'll end up their bitch the rest of your time here. Also, stock up on cigs for flight management since that'll help you get some bribes in to start earlier. Don't be surprised if you're asked to do "special" favors.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
I just started API this week. During the CO's brief he mentioned that he is really trying to cut down the amount of time spent in A-pool. He mentioned something about getting the wait down to about 2 to 3 weeks. I waited 5 weeks before starting (one week was spent on leave). Though, I was a special case since I came from grad school and had priority for NOMI and API.

If you want to get into API quickly get all of your pre-reqs done (dental, anthros, NMCI, etc...) and then wait for NOMI. Once you have your up-chit people start within a week.

Hope that helps...