• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guys Who Reported to API Already IFS Complete

Hey man!

Good to hear from you. I've heard of guys starting within one week of reporting but that was back in June. My best guess for you is 3 to 4 weeks. And don't worry about stash jobs, those get filled by the NFO's.

I just started API this week. During the CO's brief he mentioned that he is really trying to cut down the amount of time spent in A-pool. He mentioned something about getting the wait down to about 2 to 3 weeks. I waited 5 weeks before starting (one week was spent on leave). Though, I was a special case since I came from grad school and had priority for NOMI and API.

If you want to get into API quickly get all of your pre-reqs done (dental, anthros, NMCI, etc...) and then wait for NOMI. Once you have your up-chit people start within a week.

Hope that helps...

He won't need the full NOMI physical. Since he (and I) went to Auburn, they just sent us down here for our flight physicals so we've already been through the whole whammy.

For your physical, check your medical records in at the branch medical clinic, get the phone # for central appointments, call and schedule a "short form" flight physical. that physical will take place at branch, not nomi, and will take about 2 hours, then you'll get your upchit and that's that.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm guessing the current wait for IFSers is close to two months if not more. As far as NOMI goes, it should happen fairly quick but the FAA physicals take a bit more time. Nothing you can really do to speed it up, except maybe reference my previous post (you'll know which one).

zachary2777

Banned
I'm guessing the current wait for IFSers is close to two months if not more. As far as NOMI goes, it should happen fairly quick but the FAA physicals take a bit more time. Nothing you can really do to speed it up, except maybe reference my previous post (you'll know which one).

You do have the option of paying for an FAA physical out of pocket to speed things up. I think you can get it done for about $50 or so. Guess I'll just keep waiting on NOMI.

phrogpilot73

You do have the option of paying for an FAA physical out of pocket to speed things up. I think you can get it done for about $50 or so. Guess I'll just keep waiting on NOMI.
Just got my 2nd Class in Annapolis, MD - and it cost me $180. But Annapolis is expensive.

whitman

FAA physicals? I'm AF and doing my NOMI next week. I've got a current 3rd class FAA physical, will that speed me through?