• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Guns For Sale

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
People.... STOP CALLING A PSL A DRAGUNOV.

Romak 3/PSL/FPK =/= Dragunov

deMontjoie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou

Another benefit? It shoots the least expensive rifle cartridge in the world.

Agreed. Its nice that it shoots the same ammo as the Mosin.

Yeah -- but a bunch of the 7.62x54R is darned corrosive and poorly identified. So never let the sun set on your dirty Dragunov (ok-ok -- "FPK"). ;-)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Yeah -- but a bunch of the 7.62x54R is darned corrosive and poorly identified. So never let the sun set on your dirty Dragunov (ok-ok -- "FPK"). ;-)

Yea buddy good gouge. It may be best just to consider ALL 7.62x54R corrosive. Easy to keep a Mosin etc clean after firing old ammo. Hell hot water followed by careful drying and lube works just fine. Some people swear by Windex. Just got to remove the primer salts. A lot of times solvents won't do it.

I'll shoot corrosive ammo in surplus bolt actions, AK's, SKS etc but not in my M1a, Garands etc. How much of a pain is a PSL to clean? Can't be too bad if Hadji keeps his clean. (Or does he?)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Never cleaned that particular rife...but hot soapy water works wonders. I've never used anything else to clean my muzzleloaders and that is some dirty, nasty crud.

I am soooooooo tempted by that not-Dragunov. She a shooter? Where are you located? I hate transfer fees.:D

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Either I or a friend of mine might be interested. Let me email him, but I know that he was looking for something similar a while ago. My wife's pretty pissed at me right now, what with raging hormones and me bitching about supporting her mother's habit of buying shit and having it sent to our house for re-mailing, so I'm probably out of the running for a while. Let me see what my bud says, though.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Just heard back from my buddy, and no dice. He says he's got too much rolled up in a couple other project guns right now.