• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] - Springfield 1911 Range Report

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I've got a Kimber custom, and I love it. I love the rugged firepower of the 1911's. Never had a jam with mine and I've shot everything out of it, Rangers, Federals, Walmart white box, hand loaded lead wadcutters, you name it. I think 1911's carry well also because they have that slim profile. I can keep one in my wasteband without it causing the buldge of a double stacked pistol. Be proud of that springfield and welcome to the club!

T

TXHusker05

I've had a Kimber Custom TLE/RL II for awhile now and it is a great weapon, never had a problem with it. As xmid said, it is a great concealed carry weapon because of the single stack. Only complaint I had was the price, suggested retail is a little over $1000. Springfield 1911's are definitely cheaper.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I have a Kimber straight Custom II as well - with Wilson 8 round magazines it is as reliable as any other weapon out there. I am thrilled with the performance, fit, finish, and build quality - not to mention Kimber customer service which is outstanding!

I agree 1911's are a pleasure to shoot.

Attachments

• ChuckKimberII.jpg
    ChuckKimberII.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 107

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I have owned a star 1911 for a few years and just bought a 226...I love em both...

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Just put 50 Rds through my Springfield 1911 Fully Loaded Operator. I loved it. Jamed once from not kicking out an expended shell but didn't happen again. Very accurate and easy to shoot.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
FMRAM said:
I have owned a star 1911 for a few years and just bought a 226...I love em both...

How is the star? I've heard some bad things about them. I almost got one a while back for a really good price. I'd be interested to know if yours has shot really well. Hows it compare to the sig?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
My 1911 Mil Spec, AT LEAST 1000 rounds through it, not a single jam. Awesome firearm, its a big conceal-n-carry but very reliable. Nice choice.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
How is the star? I've heard some bad things about them. I almost got one a while back for a really good price. I'd be interested to know if yours has shot really well. Hows it compare to the sig?

The only problem I have had with the star is the magazine release is worn out (its older than I am!) so I have to wrap a pinky around the bottom of the magazine otherwise it will cause a jam. Probably a quick fix, but I haven’t gotten around to taking it to the gunsmith. My Dad gave it to me, so I keep it around for sentimental value. I wouldn't buy a star though...go with a Springfield or a Kimber if you want a 1911. I highly recommend the Sig though...I have only had it a short time but it has worked flawlessly. It fits in hand like a glove.