• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Bevo16

pilot
I understand. My brother-in-law has an inferiority complex and is always crowing about his job and his house. It's OK, Texans.:D

A coastie talking about OTHER PEOPLE having an inferiority complex. That's fucking funny right there.

DFSpence

I love Texas.... Only lived here for 6-8 months but so far I dig... The second I crossed the border I could tell i'd arrived... Whenever there was a speed trap/cop ahead EVERYBODY flashed their beams to give me a heads up.. Whenever I was in Houston/San Antonio and crossed a street, people were really courteous...

Friendliest CITY i've been in though (aside from Charleston for obvious reasons), is still Seattle. So how long do I have to live here before I can start wearing the "Don't mess with Texas" and "Texas Pride" shirts? :D

You need a "I'm not from Texas, but I got here has fast as I could" shirt.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
All right, so this doesn't become pages and pages of pro/con Texas opinions...

I like Texas & the barbecue there (though I would give it a second to Carolina barbecue), and I have plenty of great friends that are Texans, but I still love to give 'em a hard time.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
All right, so this doesn't become pages and pages of pro/con Texas opinions...

I like Texas .... barbecue ....
Don't forget Tex-Mex haute cuisine ... makes the food eaters in AZ and NM look like sissys ... Tex-Mex is hot & greasy -- goes right through you like shit through a goose:

You KNOW it's good if: the place has no a/c, there's wooden boards on the floor, there's a hole in the front screen door w/ the flies (sometimes considered the state bird) comin' in an' out at will .... and when Paco puts your order up on the counter and shakes his head, you can see the sweat from his forehead spray across the cocina ... Sinton, TX comes to mind. :icon_rast

Que bueno ... !!! I love Texas ... :cowboy_12

I like giving Texans a hard time and pretending to confuse their flag with Puerto Rico's, but deep down I'm just jealous. My state sucks (NJ).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
All of us Corpus kids shot approaches into Bubba, but I don't think I ever knew anyone to actually land there......and here I thought it was just another podunk S. TX town :p
Naaaaaaaaaah ... jet-jocks never shot the approach into BUBBA (I don't even know if they had one, back then), on the contrary, we only "landed" there courtesy of our "made in Detroit" 4-wheeled conveyances while on the way to/from KVille - SAT or B-Ville - CRP ... there were a couple of "ethnic" restaurants there and, of course, the Lil' Red Barn just outside town was a destination place for GREAT steaks on the way to Corpus ... I think it's defunct, now ... there's a place w/ a similar name in San Antone -- it's not the same place.

Sinton, TX = definitely life in the sloo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w lane.

But I did buy a great oak roll top desk there which still lives and breathes in TW's office. :)

MasterBates

Just so you guys understand, back when A4s was in flight school, 37 was not built yet, and you took 77 to 181 to get from Krock to Bville/SAT or 181 across the harbor bridge up thru Sinton to go to/from Corpus.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Just so you guys understand, back when A4s was in flight school, 37 was not built yet, and you took 77 to 181 to get from Krock to Bville/SAT or 181 across the harbor bridge up thru Sinton to go to/from Corpus.
Was Texas a state then?:D

Lights Out

Was Texas a state then?:D
-HercDriver

Like I said before it was its own independent nation dang it! Either that or it still belonged to Mexico...:D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
DC sued in Federal court again over handgun ban

Slow learners; Apparently the Supreme Court saying any handgun "that ordinary people traditionally use for self-defense." isn't clear enough for the DC morons so a little more slap down is in order.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m3d9-Federal-law-suit-filed-after-DC-refuses-to-register-handgun-because-its-the-wrong-color

and a bit more detail

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/saf-challenges-dc-handgun-ban-scheme,742565.shtml

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
This case seems like a slam dunk on both Second and Fifth Amendment grounds.

Summary:
In order to register a gun in DC, the gun must be on the California list of Handguns Not Known to be Unsafe. In order to be on this list, manufacturers must yearly reapply.

Three plaintiffs.

1. Number one tried to tried to register an identical handgun to the one that SCOTUS said that DC had to register for Dick Heller. Since it is not on the CA list of Handguns Not Known to be Unsafe plaintiff could not register it.

2. Number 2 was unable to register a bi-tone XD-45. The identical single tone XD-45 is on the list.

3. Number 3 tried to register a paraordinance handgun. It used to be on the CA list but the manufacturer did not renew it and thus it is no longer "safe."

Plantiffs argue that DC violates the 5th amendment due process by being arbitrary and capricious and represents a prior restraint on a 2nd amendment right.

Alan Gura for President!

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
It would be interesting if they could get this on 5th Amendment grounds. If they can then the California law would likely be repealed once someone brought it to court.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It would be interesting if they could get this on 5th Amendment grounds. If they can then the California law would likely be repealed once someone brought it to court.
I wonder if the "may issue" CCW states would also be considered to be acting unconstitutionally then. Depriving someone of liberty without due process of law. If a Sheriff categorically denies all applications, could that be considered prior restraint as well?

Admittedly, since we're not dealing with "keeping" arms but rather "bearing" them in that case, the reasoning may become a bit more shady. You have to draw a line somewhere, but based on what I've read of gun laws in places like NYC and CA, one could certainly make a case for their being "arbitrary and capricious."