• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Bevo16

pilot
If you won't drive 3 hours for some of the best night life in the country, then you don't deserve it.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Yeah but it's like 3+ hours away....:(

3 hours? 3 whole hours?!

What I would give to be only 3 hours away from Austin. Not only do you get the night life, but if you are lucky enough to be in the area during football season you have one of the best college teams in the nation with one of 90,000 seats with your name on it.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That may be, but does anyone outside of Texas really know / care?

It drives my roomate crazy, but when Texas comes up, this is what a lot of people think of:
king_of_the_hill_alley.jpg

No Texan gives much of a shit what those who aren't from Texas think.......about us, our state, or anything else for that matter.

But you're right. Life in Texas is exactly like King of the Hill. Nothing but propane dealers, trailer parks, and rednecks. Tell all of your buddies. You should definitely rule out living there in the future.

Perhaps you could join the prospering folks of California or New York?

You'd be much happier there.:D

Lights Out

My buddy actually came up with an idea as to why we Texans have so much pride for our state. I mean it is JUST a state correct? Well it boils down to the same reason why we as Americans have American pride, men fought and died for this country, for our rights and freedoms. Plain and simple men fought and died for this great state in a different era, but for the same beliefs and principles. Something you non-Texans can understand right? ;)

And we were once our own nation lest you forget! :D

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I love Texas.... Only lived here for 6-8 months but so far I dig... The second I crossed the border I could tell i'd arrived... Whenever there was a speed trap/cop ahead EVERYBODY flashed their beams to give me a heads up.. Whenever I was in Houston/San Antonio and crossed a street, people were really courteous...

Friendliest CITY i've been in though (aside from Charleston for obvious reasons), is still Seattle. So how long do I have to live here before I can start wearing the "Don't mess with Texas" and "Texas Pride" shirts? :D

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Aren't one of you Texans gonna brag about how you can secede?... (just hoping we hear another dull fact or urban legend to prop up this quickly devolving thread).

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Aren't one of you Texans gonna brag about how you can secede?... (just hoping we hear another dull fact or urban legend to prop up this quickly devolving thread).

Whether it is a right or not was never discussed in the negotiations which admitted Texas to the Union. What is indisputable is that Texas was admitted to the Union as a state without going through the proper Constitutional channels for admitting new states. However Texas was brought under the governance of the Union under an agreement which very closely resembles an international treaty.

If for whatever reason Texas were to attempt succession it would be interesting to see how it would evolve from a legal standpoint, as it might resemble the dissolving of international treaty.

Newspaper clipping from 1885:
http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9C01E0D9153FE533A25754C2A96F9C94649FD7CF

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
........What is indisputable is that Texas was admitted to the Union as a state without going through the proper Constitutional channels......Texas was brought under the governance of the Union under an agreement which very closely resembles an international treaty.......it might resemble the dissolving of international treaty.

Wow, you are still taking this seriously?! Again with the idiocy.......

Now where are [more] pics of the girls in the Texas bikinis? The hot ones, not the 300 pounders.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love Texas.... Only lived here for 6-8 months but so far I dig...

In Texas for only a short time and already can't do simple math.......

Friendliest CITY i've been in though (aside from Charleston for obvious reasons), is still Seattle.

Ahhhh, Charleston......The girls are nicer in Vancouver than Seattle though, much nicer! :D

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
My buddy actually came up with an idea as to why we Texans have so much pride for our state. I mean it is JUST a state correct? Well it boils down to the same reason why we as Americans have American pride, men fought and died for this country, for our rights and freedoms. Plain and simple men fought and died for this great state in a different era, but for the same beliefs and principles. Something you non-Texans can understand right? ;)

Dude, plenty of people have pride in the state they are from. It is just that they are not as loud-mouthed about their state.

I understand. My brother-in-law has an inferiority complex and is always crowing about his job and his house. It's OK, Texans.:D

Anyhoo, I don't dislike Texas...it is just the folks from there that I like to (gently) give a hard time too.;)